Arkansas Governor Says No to Dipping Into Tobacco Fund
- Arkansas Lawmakers: Rosy Budget Forecast Could Jeopardize Finances. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/28/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31025, p32
Reports on Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee's revenue predictions for the state. Reactions to revenue estimates; Financial forecast of the administration.
- SOUTH CAROLINA: In South Carolina church, anti-same-sex marriage Huckabee eschews politics, preaches about getting to heaven. // Gay & Lesbian Times;1/17/2008, Issue 1047, p23
The article reports on the sermon of Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee who also seeks support from the Christian conservatives in South Carolina.
- Providers denounce Ark. budget-cut plan. Moore, J. Duncan // Modern Healthcare;12/23/96, Vol. 26 Issue 52, p18
Reports indicate that Arkansas' Governor Mike Huckabee's decision to reform the state's Medicaid program received a wide range of opposition. Amount Huckabee proposed to cut from the state's program; Indepth look at how state's program is funded; Comments from key individuals.
- QUOTELINES. Wockner, Rex; Kelley, Bill // Windy City Times;1/16/2008, Vol. 23 Issue 18, p9
The article presents quotations from presidential candidate Mike Huckabee confirming they are people who are homosexual who worked for him in the governor's office, syndicated gay-press columnist Chris Crain criticizing Mitt Romney for his cynical ploy to win over social conservatives, and "Wall...
- Quotes. // Reason;Mar2008, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p7
The article presents quotes from notable people including Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee on ways to reduce energy consumption and waste, anti-obesity crusader John Banzhaf on a Florida school's plan to reward good grades with free Happy Meals, and Baroness Gardener of Parkes,...
- Huckabee draws heat for anti-Islam remarks. Allen, Bob // Christian Century;3/22/2011, Vol. 128 Issue 6, p19
The article comments on statements made by Southern Baptist preacher and former U.S. presidential candidate Mike Huckabee criticizing Islam during an interview on the Fox New network in February 2011.
- Huckabee Wants to Link Ark. Teacher Pay, Achievement. Gehring, John // Education Week;1/23/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 19, p14
Focuses on the broad education reform plan proposed by Governor Mike Huckabee in Arkansas. Call for the upliftment of academic standards; Recommendation for additional pay to certified teachers; Expansion of the opportunity for high school students to gain college credits.
- Gallup Poll: Huckabee Up and Palin Still Falling Among Republican 2012 Presidential Preferences. GANDELMAN, JOE // Moderate Voice;3/25/2011, p4
A blog by editor-in-chief Joe Gandelman highlighting the recent Gallup poll that showed that popularity of former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is presented.
- From the River to the Sea. SCHRAUB, DAVID // Moderate Voice;2/1/2011, p3
A blog concerning politician Mike Huckabee's objection in principle to the creation of a Palestinian state in the West Bank is discussed.