EdVision Acquisition To Fuel Testing at Scantron
- Scantron Goes Private as M&F is Sold. // Electronic Education Report;1/9/2012, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p8
The article reports on the acquisition of Scantron Corp. by the diversified holding company MacAndrews &Forbes Holdings Inc. in New York.
- Scantron Offerings Evolve in 2010. // Electronic Education Report;3/21/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p2
The article reports that Scantron Corp. has broadened its education portfolio through acquisition in 2010 as the demand for paper-based testing and the decline on the use of optical mark reader technology in the U.S. It states that Scantron's revenue in 2010 was 203.7 million U.S. dollars which...
- Scantron More Profitable Following Data Management Integration. // Electronic Education Report;11/30/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p4
The article reports that operating income of Scantron Corp. increased 23.3% to 11.1 million dollars in the third quarter of 2009, primarily due to its acquisition of Pearson PLC's Data Management business in 2008. It says that the acquisition accounted for a 14.6-million-dollar increase in...
- Scantron Acquires Spectrum K12 School Solutions. // Electronic Education Report;8/9/2010, Vol. 17 Issue 16, p4
The article reports on the acquisition of Eagan, Minnesota-based Scantron Corp. over Spectrum K12 School Solutions Inc., Towson, Maryland-based provider of Response-to-Intervention (RtI), special education and student achievement management software, in July 2010. Chuck Dawson, president and...
- Scantron Q1 Revenue Up After Acquisitions. // Electronic Education Report;6/27/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p1
The article offers information on the first quarter financial performance at Scantron Corp., a subsidiary of Harland Clarke Holdings Corp. It says that the business revenue earned by the company increased by 3.1% to 52.6 million dollar driven by the acquisitions of two companies namely...
- Will Harland Sale to M&F Derail Tech Unit Spinoff? Bills, Steve // American Banker;12/21/2006, Vol. 171 Issue 244, p1
The article focuses on the announcement that M&F Worldwide Corp., a New York holding company that owns the No. 3 check printing company, will buy its larger rival John H. Harland Co. The move is expected to remake the top tier of the check printing industry. Chief executive and chairman Howard...
- Ed-Tech Industry Sees Uptick in Mergers and Acquisitions. Gustke, Constance // Education Week;10/27/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 9, p8
The article discusses mergers and acquisitions in the educational technology industry including those of the Scantron Corp., Blackboard Inc., and Promethean World. It describes a desire by school systems to purchase integrated products on limited school budgets as a reason for an increase in...
- Scantron awards six scholarships. // T H E Journal;Aug96, Vol. 24 Issue 1, p18
Reports that Scantron Corp. has awarded scholarships to California high school seniors. Requirements of the scholarship.
- Scantron introduces scanner interface for SCT Banner2000. // PC Business Products;Sep99, p8
Reports on Scantron Corp.'s introduction of Scantron Grade-Link, an optical mark read direct scanner interface for the SCT Banner2000 Student information management system designed for higher education. Features; Price; Contact information.