Scholastic Education Revenue Rises, Corp. Falls
- Scholastic Education Fiscal 2006 Revenue Increases 3%; Profits Decline 11%. // Educational Marketer;8/7/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 22, p1
The article reports that the New York division of Scholastic Education has posted a three percent gain in revenue but saw profits fall 11 percent in fiscal 2006. Revenue growth was driven principally by strong sales in technology: specifically the company's reading intervention product for...
- News Briefs... // Educational Marketer;06/12/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 17, p8
Presents updates on educational publishing in the United States as of June 12, 2000, including the services agreement between Scholastic Inc. and Yahoo! Inc.
- Scholastic Q1 Revenues Up 98%; Educational Unit Sales Rise 65%. // Educational Marketer;10/09/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 29, p6
Reports on Scholastic Inc., the publisher of the `Harry Potter' book series.
- Scholastic Reorganizes Educational Publishing Efforts, Names Head. // Educational Marketer;11/13/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p4
Deals with the reorganization of educational publishing company Scholastic Inc.
- Test Prep Mania Prompts Program From Scholastic. // Educational Marketer;7/15/2002, Vol. 33 Issue 21, p6
Reports on educational magazine publisher Scholastic Inc.'s inclusion of test-preparation programs as a publishing product. Alignment of instructional materials with state academic standards; Value in preparing students for high-stakes examinations; Integration of state-test preparation into...
- Scholastic Continues Computerized Reading Focus With New Exec. // Educational Marketer;01/17/2000, Vol. 31 Issue 3, p3
Reports on the continuation of the computerized reading program of Scholastic Inc. called Scholastic Reading Counts! with the appointment of Harry Barfoot as president of the program.
- READING INTO IT. Anderson, Mae // Adweek Southeast Edition;1/7/2002, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p5
Features the reading advertising campaign launched by Scholastic, following the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks. Golas of the campaign; Description of the print advertisement.
- Scholastic Education Q2 Revenue Rises 5%; Profits Virtually Flat. // Electronic Education Report;1/13/2006, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p4
The article reports on the financial performance of Scholastic Education in the second quarter of 2006. Scholastic earned a 5 percent to $99.2 million growth in educational publishing revenue, while the overall educational technology sales went up to 25 percent to $30 million.. The increase was...
- Scholastic Q3 Revenue Up, So Is Outlook for Future of Fair Business. // Educational Marketer;4/16/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p6
The article focuses on the financial performance of New York-based-Scholastic for fiscal 2007. As reported, the management of Scholastic expects increased sales in core clubs and improved efficiencies for strong business. It is noted that the sales of the company increased by 1.5 percent to...