Endangered Species List, A la Vivendi Universal
- Auction Time For VUE Nets. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;5/5/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 18, p2
Reports on the plans of chairman of Vivendi Universal S.A. Jean-Rene Fourtou to sell the mix of cable channels, a music studio and theme parks by the end of the year 2003. Plans of the company to sell its U.S.-based subsidiary Vivendi Universal Entertainment (VUE); Bidders for VUE.
- Sweeping up the Messier mess at Vivendi. Bart, Peter // Daily Variety;10/7/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 1, p4
Criticizes the role of executive Jean-Rene Fourtou in the managing Vivendi Universal. Plan of Fortou in dumping large amount of corporate assets; Changes in the corporate ownership of Vivendi; Inability of the European companies to properly manage showbiz assets.
- Reviving Vivendi. Guyon, Janet // Fortune;7/22/2002, Vol. 146 Issue 2, p29
Offers advice to Jean-Renï¿½ Fourtou who replaced Jean-Marie Messier as chief executive of Vivendi. Financial problems, including billions in debt; Recommendations, including selling everything except the core entertainment business or all the politically sensitive assets; Possibility of...
- QUELLE DIRECTION, M. FOURTOU? Goldsmith, Jill // Variety;8/19/2002, Vol. 388 Issue 1, p6
Looks at the issues facing Jean-Rene Fourtou, chairman of Vivendi Universal. Worth of Vivendi losses announced at Fourtou's first conference call; Value of the company's debt; Options being considered by Fourtou to reduce its debt.
- THE DOCTOR IS IN, PRESCRIBING BITTER MEDICINE AT VIVENDI. Williams, Amanda // Global Finance;Nov2002, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p8
Reveals the decision of Vivendi chairman Jean-Rene Fourtou to move the company's headquarters from New York to Paris, France. Cost-cutting process undergone by the company; Restructuring plans for the company.
- VIV U WILL PULL PLAY. Vaucher, Andrea R. // Daily Variety;8/8/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 47, p4
Reports on the increase in Vivendi Universal's stock price following a report that the company planned to sell its U.S.-based videogame businesses. Plans of Vivendi's Jean-Rene Fourtou to sell Vivendi Universal Games; Products offered by Vivendi Universal Games.
- FOURTOU FORESEES SPINOFF. Amdur, Meredith; James, Alison // Daily Variety;12/4/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 42, p1
Focuses on the business plans of Jean-Rene Fourtou for the company Vivendi Universal in the U.S. Plans of securing equity control of Cegetel; Improvements in debt-reduction programs; Emphasis on value-enhancing activities to maximize spinoffs.
- FRENCH LEANING ON U . James, Allison; Goldsmith, Jill // Daily Variety;9/26/2002, Vol. 276 Issue 82, p1
Reports on Vivendi Universal SA chairman Jean-Rene Fourtou's warning to its U.S. group to work more closely with its French parent company. Cost reduction effort; Vivendi Universal's plan to unload its stake in Vivendi Environment; Schedule of assets sale.
- HOLES IN PARACHUTE. Klaussmann, Liza // Daily Variety;10/13/2003, Vol. 281 Issue 6, p12
Reports on the allegations that Vivendi Universal SA chairman Jean-Rene Fourtou and several board members have backed the severance package for former chairman Jean-Marie Messier in Paris, France. Denial on the participation of Fourtou in the negotiations for the severance package of Messier by...