- An Economy in Flux: Readying for the Ripple Effect. Davidson, Brian // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/12/2015, Vol. 275 Issue 9, Following pL6
The article focuses on the economic ups and downs faced by different construction markets such as infrastructure, retail and hospitality, and suggests that the contractors should avoid unbalanced contracts, as such contracts are associated with higher chances of disputes.
- Home Depot opens expanded Contractor's Center at Los Colobos. Carmona, Jose L. // Caribbean Business;7/15/2004, Vol. 32 Issue 30, p6
Reports on the inauguraton by home improvement retailer Home Depot of an expanded Contractor's Center in Carolina, Puerto Rico on July 16, 2004. Location of store in Los Colobos Shopping Center; Description of Contractor's Center as an area inside Home Depot dedicated exclusively to construction...
- Frequently Asked Multistate Tax Questions. // Journal of State Taxation;Spring2006, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p41
The article discusses the instances when construction contractors are considered as retailers of tangible or real personal property. It states that contractors are considered sellers of tangible personal property when they sell unneeded materials and fixtures after the project's completion....
- In West Michigan, It's Time To Build. Schoonmaker, Daniel // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/12/2007, Vol. 25 Issue 7, pB1
The article focuses on the projected growth of the construction industry in West Michigan in 2007. It cites the implications of the growth of the retail and hospitality sectors for the construction industry. Most of the projects in West Michigan are concentrated in large to massive projects. It...
- Stretching Your Dollars. Wilson, Marianne // Chain Store Age;Dec2008, Vol. 84 Issue 13, p24
The article provides suggestions from Bob Benda of Westwood Contractors to help retailers stretch their construction budgets. Contrary to what many people believe, negotiated bids are actually more economical for owners than hard bids, according to Benda. He further stated that bringing the...
- Contractors not happy with Detroit's request for givebacks. Ankeny, Robert; Smith, Jennette // Crain's Detroit Business;2/28/2005, Vol. 21 Issue 9, p32
This article reports that construction contractors are uniting in opposition to Detroit, Michigan's proposal to cut pricing on current contracts by 10 percent. Contractors were among more than 200 city vendors convened at Cobo Center last week to hear the city's pitch for the givebacks. Deputy...
- Retail Contractors of Puerto Rico builds success on time and budget. Díaz, Mario Belaval // Caribbean Business;1/19/2012, Vol. 40 Issue 2, pS6
The article discusses the success in business of the Retail Contractors of Puerto Rico Inc. (RCOFPR) which has been the leader in local retail development and construction in Puerto Rico. It mentions that the reasons for their success include having a team and a delivery system that finishes...
- The brakes go on. Horne, Fiona Russell // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug2002, p3
Comments on the impact of declining retail spending on the business of the construction industry in Great Britain in 2002. Concerns over how high levels of debt-driven sales will affect the over-all health of the industry; Explanation of the saving grace for the sector.
- Construction Grows in Arid States. // Chain Store Age;Apr99, Vol. 75 Issue 4, p72
Offers a look at retail construction in the United States (US). Desert states in the US where retail construction is flourishing; Statistical data on retail construction.