Florida Bond Agency Set to Issue $400 Million for Schools
- BEN WATKINS. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/29/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33288, p5A
The article offers information on the perspective of Ben Watkins, director of Florida Division of Bond Finance, on Build America Bonds in Florida. Previously, he was one of those who criticized BAB, believing that the taxable debt structure did not fit into the tax-exempt mold, but he later...
- FLORIDA: Cabinet OKs $683M Issue. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/2/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33377, p9
The article reports on the approval received by the Florida Division of Bond Finance to sell 683 million U.S. dollars of refunding bonds from the state's elected Cabinet.
- FLORIDA: PECO Debt Gets the Nod. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;9/17/2009, Vol. 369 Issue 33185, p9
The article reports that the Florida Division of Bond Finance has been authorized to sell 727.1 million of bonds. The authorization allows the division to sell 540 million dollar of public education capital outlay (PECO) refunding bonds, 155.1 million dollar of new-money PECO bonds, and 32...
- Liking the Bond Market, Florida Keeps 'Pounding Them Out'. Smith, Aaron T. // Bond Buyer;2/27/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31333, p3
Focuses on the issue of bonds by the state of Florida's Division of Bond Finance in 2002. Amount of the bond issue; Bond issues by Florida in 2001; Name of the bond counsel for the issue.
- Florida Gov. Bush keeps Watkins in post. McEntee, Christopher // Bond Buyer;01/27/99, Vol. 327 Issue 30566, p2
Reports on Florida Governor Jeb Bush's reaffirmation of Ben Watkins as Florida's Director of the Division of Bond Finance. Other officials reappointed to their previous positions.
- FLORIDA: Watkins Cites Big Savings. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;1/11/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32546, p31
The article focuses on the bond issuances and activities of Florida for 2006. The Florida Cabinet, which served as the governing board of the Division of Bond Finance, had authorized 166 debt issues worth about $24 billion. According to reports, the state has improved from second-highest of the...
- Web watch. Richtmyer, Richard; Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;07/01/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30426, p58
Spotlights the web sites of Florida's Division of Bond Finance and Wisconsin's Capital Finance Office. Florida officials' plan to make information about its bond programs easily available to the investor community; Wisconsin officials' recognition of the value of the Internet as a means of...
- Arnold Greenfield. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p5
Presents an obituary for Arnold Greenfield, former director of Florida's Division of Bond Finance and former managing director of Lehman Brothers' Southeast public finance team, who died in August 2004. Academic and career background; Role in the establishment of the Division of Bond Finance;...
- Florida Cat Fund's $1.5B Deal Gets Go-Ahead. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/1/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32393, p1
The article reports that the Florida Cabinet has approved the issuance of 1.5 billion dollars in revenue bonds by the Florida Hurricane Catastrophe Fund Finance Corp. to pay for the property reinsurance losses incurred in 2005. The tax-exempt bonds will be structured with maturities from 2008 to...