New Measure Would Expand QZABs, But Its Adoption is Unlikely This Year
- Sen. Clinton Proposes Tax-Credit Bonds for Technology. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/06/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31090, p3
Reports the proposal of Senator Hillary Clinton for tax credit bonds for high-speed Internet infrastructure projects. Implication of the proposal for low-income rural communities; Context of the technology bond; Issuance of bonds in helping local government investments.
- State, local officials have mixed feelings on tax-credit debt. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;05/14/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30641, p6
Compares the advantages and disadvantages of using tax-credit bonds for environmental projects and school construction in the United States. Savings that may result from the 15-year maturity of securities; Tax-credit bonds as attractive investment to pension funds.
- It's back to school for districts learning about new QZAB rules. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;08/20/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30709, p33
Reports on the effects of changes in federal rules governing tax-credit bonds on qualified zone academy bond program in California. Provision of zero-interest rate borrowing; Manner and timing of the calculation of the tax credit.
- State Financial Assistance Programs. MACK, DANIELLE // njbiz;2013 Small Business Week, p31
A list of state financial assistance programs in New Jersey is presented including BRRAG Tax Credit Certificate Transfer Program, Bond Financing, Brownfields and Contaminated Site Remediation Program.
- Rail Bill Gets Recharge. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/21/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31744, p1
Reports on the plan of the House Ways and Means Committee to consider legislation to allow states to issue taxable tax-credit bonds and tax-exempt private-activity bonds for high-speed rail projects in the U.S. Worth of the taxable tax-credit bonds and private-activity bonds; Priority on...
- 'Thrifty' Voucher Plan Gets Warm House Panel Reception. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;4/11/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31363, p4
Reports on the proposal of the thrifty housing production voucher program under the Housing Affordability for America Act by the House Financial Services Committee in California. Presentation of vouchers based on property's operating costs; Usability in low-income housing tax credit;...
- Housing Panel Speaks. // Bond Buyer;5/31/2002, Vol. 340 Issue 31398, p1
Reports the impact of proposals for home ownership tax credit on house bond issuance in the U.S. Role of private sector in providing affordable housing; Improvement of the programs of the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development; Repeal of the 10-year rule.
- Hybrid Taxable Floated. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;7/12/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31923, p1
Reports on the federal tax credit of a hybrid taxable bond in the U.S. Interest savings that would be provided.
- Volume cap bills get a second shot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;10/18/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30749, p1
Reports on United States House Representative Rick Lazio's legislative proposals which will speed up the increase in the private-activity bond volume cap and raise the low-income tax credit limit. Average increase in minimum wage contained in the proposal; Adoption of tax cuts to soften the...