Trading WTC For Airports Called Novel
- A New York state of mind. Lefer, Henry // Air Transport World;Jun96, Vol. 33 Issue 6, p175
Reports on the dispute between New York City and the Port Authority (PA) of New York & New Jersey, which has operated JFK and LaGuardia airports on lease from the city since 1947. City's claim that the PA has been shortchanging it on rent; Issue of the figure for net revenue; New York City Mayor...
- AIR WARS AT TETERBORO. Sundaramoorthy, Geeta // Business News New Jersey;06/12/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 24, p8
Reports that neighbors of the Teterboro Airport in New Jersey are opposing the airport's plan to increase the volume of private aviation flights. Complaints against noise and pollution; Demands for curfews on flights; Voluntary curfew from midnight and six o'clock in the morning; Port Authority...
- City eyeing swap: airports for WTC site. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;8/5/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 31, p1
Focuses on the idea of giving two city airports to the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey in return for city control of the World Trade Center site in New York City. Authority of mayor Michael Bloomberg in rebuilding the site; Efforts of the agency to protect its annual lease payments;...
- WTC swap plan is right for city. // Crain's New York Business;8/12/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 32, p8
Reports the initiative of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey to get ownership of La Guardia and John F. Kennedy airports in New York City. Design of the initiative; Cost benefits of the swap ownership proposed by the agency; Advantage of World Trade Center site ownership for the city.
- NEW JERSEY: Taxiway Set for Takeoff. Chin, Tonya // Bond Buyer;10/22/2012, Vol. 382 Issue 33800, p9
The article informs that the board of commissioners of the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has authorized 31.5 million U.S. dollars rehabilitation on Taxiway P at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- Newark airport. // Crain's New York Business;4/3/95, Vol. 11 Issue 14, p4
Reports that the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey has authorized a six-month study on improving operations at Newark International Airport.
- Newark airport gets $86M for fuel system upgrades. Burd, Joshua // njbiz;6/11/2012, Vol. 25 Issue 24, p2
The article reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has approved to fund the 86 million dollar project to upgrade a fueling system at Newark Liberty International Airport.
- After delays, N.Y., N.J. get airport debt. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;06/29/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30672, p1
Reports that the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey has approved two airport projects. Structure of the bond financing for the project; Delay of the bond offering due to political battles.
- Port Authority takes control of A.C. airport. Kaltwasser, Jared // njbiz;7/8/2013, p2
The article reports on the deal entered into by the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey and the South Jersey Transportation Authority (SJTA) in 2013 whereby SJTA will pay the port authority 500,000 per year to operate Atlantic City International Airport.