Sept. 11 Effects Prompt NFMA To Work on Aviation Disclosure
- Disclosure: NFMA Issues Recommendations for Solid-Waste Financings. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31263, p5
Reports on the regulation made by the U.S.-based National Federation of Municipal Analysts (NFMA) which makes it mandatory for the issuers and borrowers involved in solid-waste financings to disclose external factors that could affect their solid-waste systems. Overview of essential disclosure...
- NFMA Issues Final Guidelines on Long-Term Care Disclosure. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p5
Reports the request of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts for care providers to disclose financial and operating information on a quarterly basis in Washington. Classification of financial and operating information NFMA needed; Commentary of market participants on the recommendation;...
- NFMA Publishes Best Practices, But Has Anyone Noticed? Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;07/12/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30930, p7
Reports lack of interest among issuers of the land-secured bond deals to adopt the practices set by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts in the United States. Optimism for the positive impact of the policies; Ignorance of investors on the existence of the standards; Need for strict...
- Vallejo Takes Issue With NFMA's 'Apocalyptical' Bankruptcy Claims. Jensen, Randall // Bond Buyer;9/30/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33392, p26
The article focuses on the failure of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts to back up apocalyptical predictions with any evidence in Vallejo, California's response to a brief that the organization filed in its bankruptcy case.
- NFMA names new chairman, other officers. // Bond Buyer;01/14/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30310, p30
Announces the election of Ray Kubiak and other officers of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts for 1998.
- NFMA Posts Guidelines For Hospitals. Ryst, Sonja // Bond Buyer;08/14/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30953, p1
Reports on the guidelines released by the National Federation of Municipal Analysts. Need for hospital officials to issue quarterly and annual financial reports to investors; Improvement of information flow in the municipal bond market.
- NFMA Complains to SEC While MAGNY Quizzes Members. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;04/24/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31124, p4
Reports on the concerns of the National Federation of Municipal Analysts concerning the municipal disclosure system in the United States. Possible changes in bond opinions; Tax enforcement of the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
- MSRB Forum debates disclosure for dirt bonds. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;09/16/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30727, p4
Reports on the support for the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' efforts to develop a set of best practices for bond issuers in the United States. Improvement of secondary market disclosure for land-based financings.
- Issuers told to heed NFMA's position on yield burning. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;09/22/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30483, p1
Reports on the National Federation of Municipal Analysts' call for municipal issuers to disclose notices from the United States Internal Revenue Service about potential yield-burning abuses, including preliminary notifications that their bonds are under investigation. Conflict over whether...