Educating With Tobacco
- California to Pool Tobacco Settlement. Finestone, Deborah // Bond Buyer;11/27/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31024, p1
Reports that about 20 California counties are considering pooling and securitizing their tobacco settlement proceeds. Reduction of issuance costs; Mitigation of a risk factor unique to California local governments' tobacco bonds.
- Moody's: Tobacco issuance to double. Musero, Frank // Asset Securitization Report;2/5/2001, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p8
Reports on tobacco securitization trend in the U.S. Amount of issuance for tobacco securitization; Securitization deals of Bear Stearns & Co. Inc. and Salomon Smith Barney Inc.; Securitization transactions sponsored by various states.
- Colorado Defeats Tobacco Bond Bill. Preston, Darrell // Bond Buyer;05/04/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30884, p2
Reports that the Colorado General Assembly has shot down a tobacco securitization bill. Provisions of the bill.
- Before Securitizing Tobacco Cash, States Need to Know Why. Wisniewski, Mary // Bond Buyer;06/14/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30912, p6
Focuses on the securitization of tobacco settlement proceeds in the United States. Uses of the proceeds; Diversion of tobacco company revenues.
- Fearful of getting burned. Marois, Michael B. // Bond Buyer;03/13/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30847, p1
Reports that some states in the United States that will receive a share of settlement money from the tobacco industry are saying no to securitizing settlement funds. Risks of securitizing tobacco settlement money; Impact of asset-backed financing on taxpayers.
- Tobacco Plan Snuffed. Phillips, Ted // Bond Buyer;1/3/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33443, p9
The article reports on the tobacco securitization in New Hampshire.
- Tobacco Team Picked. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;07/31/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30943, p1
Reports on the selection of a financial team of San Diego County, California to securitize its share of the tobacco settlement. Hiring of Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe as the bond counsel; Amount of tobacco money that will be received by the county.
- List narrows for Michigan's life-sciences money. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;11/06/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 45, p52
Reports on the appointment of a committee by Michigan to determine the use of money coming from tobacco litigation settlement. Funding of the Michigan Life Sciences Corridor.
- Putting a value on addiction. Reinebach, Adam // Investment Dealers' Digest;12/13/99, Vol. 65 Issue 49, p38
Focuses on the New York City, New York tobacco settlement asset-backed securities (ABS). Largest categories of consumer spending linked with ABS deals; Reasons for the selection of New York as the target of the settlement securitization; Difficulties encountered by bankers in formulating the...