FAR WEST Bond-Watch
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Siegel, Gary E.; Vekshin, Alison; Barnett, Chip // Bond Buyer;7/29/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31437, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the U.S. as of July 2002. Recovery of the economy of the nation; Work of the George W. Bush administration to simplify taxes; Revenue bond rating of Evergreen Healthcare Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Hume, Lynn; Williams, Rochelle; Vershin, Alison // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p2
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Proposal for budget management; Marketing of the bill of the Treasury Department; Reduction of the individual tax receipts.
- State and local government fiscal position in 1993. Sullivan, David F. // Survey of Current Business;Mar94, Vol. 74 Issue 3, p30
Discusses the decline in fiscal surplus posted by state and local governments in 1993. Slowdown of receipts and expenditures; Impact of tax law changes; Likelihood of surplus gains in 1994.
- Understanding the Reagan Deficits. Campen, James T. // Educational Leadership;Oct86, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p76
Focuses on the U.S. budget deficits during the administration of U.S. President Ronald Reagan. Increase in budget deficits during the term of Reagan; Limitations of the efforts of the Reagan administration to control the budget deficit and balance the national budget; Links between the budget...
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F.; Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;03/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31087, p2
Reports developments related to public finance in the United States as of March 2001. Speech of Federal Reserve Chairman Alan Greenspan on the economy and consumer confidence; Increase of the gross domestic product for the fourth quarter of 2000; Announcement on buyback of the outstanding...
- From the TM3 wire. Monsarrat, Sean; Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;09/25/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30486, p2
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the United States, as of September 25, 1998. Includes yield of sewer system revenue bonds in Portland, Oregon; Cost of New York City's plans to require adult welfare recipients to get private sector jobs; Growth of the national economy in the...
- NEW-ISSUE VOLUME NOTES. // Bond Buyer;11/1/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31256, p48
Presents notes on the new-issue volume tables on bonds in the U.S. Basis of the information in the volume table; Types of bond sales included in the volume figure; Definition of the purpose categories.
- MIDWEST Bond-Watch. Shields, Yvette; Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;7/3/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31421, p33
Reports economic developments in the U.S. as of July 2002. Increase of the general obligation bond rating of the North Shore School District; Commercialization of the fixed-rate bonds; Deterioration of the revenue projections.
- Recession fears decline, but the energy crisis keeps money markets edgy. Nagan, Peter S. // Banking;Dec73, Vol. 66 Issue 6, p12
Deals with the reappraisal of the business outlook by monetary authorities at the Federal Reserve and by credit markets in the U.S. as of 1973. Possibility of slower economic growth; Shortages of industrial materials and components; Projected increase in bond yields.