Tacoma, Wash., School District Looks To Seal Deal on Historic Building
- Your Town. // West County Journal;1/18/2012, Vol. 48 Issue 3, pA4
This section offers news briefs about Missouri towns. A new playground is being installed in Sugar Creek Park in Des Peres, Missouri. David Faulkner has been appointed as the new superintendent of the Brentwood School District effective July 1, 2012. The Historical Preservation Committee of...
- Where Are The Old Schools? // ATA Magazine;Spring2010, Vol. 90 Issue 3, p54
Several photographs are presented depicting the historic country schools of Alberta including the East Park School District No. 3349, the Bondiss School District No. 3266, and the Setting Sun School District No. 2850.
- Preserving History. Ruder, Robert // School Business Affairs;Jul/Aug2014, Vol. 80 Issue 7, p38
The article focuses on the preservation of a historic building located on the property of Hempfield School District in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania. The plan of the school district to use the building, a private residence constructed in the early 1800s, as a school facility is outlined. The...
- Buda upper campus still in the air. Biundo, Jen // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);6/7/2006, Vol. 103 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the proposed renovation of the Buda Elementary School's historic Upper Campus in Texas. Amount of bond package recommended by the Hays County Intermediate School District Growth Impact Committee to be issued by the district, with allocation for the school; Possibilities for Buda...
- Court OKs School District Plan To Demolish Los Angeles Hotel. Sack, Joetta L. // Education Week;8/10/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p4
This article reports that a superior-court judge in Los Angeles, California, has given the Los Angeles Unified School District the go-ahead to demolish much of the historic Ambassador Hotel to build three new schools. The court dismissed a lawsuit filed by historic preservationists, celebrities,...
- EUROPEAN FACELIFT FOR CHICAGO LANDMARK. Karlin, Beth // Shopping Center World;Mar2003, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p15
Reports on the restoration process of the historic storefronts in Chicago, Illinois. Construction of a massive steel support system; Maintenance of a landmark; Retail space.
- THE FUTURE OF OUR PAST. Vaccariello, Linda // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p66
Reports on homes and residences built in the 19th century and before World War II in Greater Cincinnati, Ohio and Northern Kentucky. Views of architects about these historic houses; Reason for one's reassurance to work with service people who are familiar with historic houses; Source of...
- Glendale's gem. // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p79
Focuses on McLaren House, a historic house in Glendale in Cincinnati, Ohio, owned by David and Rachel Schmid as of January 2003. Comments of the real estate agent of Schmids on McLaren House; Terms of the preservation easement donated by Schmids to the Cincinnati Preservation Association;...
- Saving clifton's character. // Cincinnati Magazine;Jan2003, Vol. 36 Issue 4, p86
Focuses on Ibold House, a historic house in Clifton in Cincinnati, Ohio, owned by June and William Krantz as of January 2003. Style in which the house is designed; Description of architecture of the house; Contractor who restored the house; Details of restoration of the house.