NASD Grants Two Exemptions To G-37's Muni Business Ban
- Sisung Urges SEC to Reverse NASD G-37 Ruling. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;9/29/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32477, p1
The article provides updates on the request of Sisung Securities Corp. to reverse rulings of the National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) in the U.S. The company and its president urges the Securities and Exchange Commission to overturn NASD rulings that it violated Rule G-37. The rule...
- Major NASD Initiative Entails Assessing Its Rules for Success. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p5
The article reports on the announcement of National Association of Securities Dealers (NASD) Chairman and CEO Mary Schapiro on the association's plan to create initiative that will assess many of the major rules it has put in place to determine if they are working as planned or need to be...
- Indiana legislature contemplates bill merging six state bonding agencies. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p5
Focuses on the legislation in Indiana's Senate which would consolidate six state bonding authorities into the Indiana Finance Authority. Features of the bill; Total worth of outstanding bond debt by the state; List of Indiana state agencies' bond sales from 1980-1998.
- Municipal bond and state local finance legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;05/18/98, Vol. 324 Issue 30395, p6
Reports on updates regarding municipal bond and state and local finance legislation in various states in the United States. Includes electricity restructuring in Colorado; Private-use bond restrictions on municipal utilities in Alaska; Securities litigation reform in Texas.
- Washington Governor Signs New Public Funds Bill Into Law. // Credit Union Times;3/24/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p6
The article reports on the industry-sponsored bill inked by Washington State Governor Chris Gregoire unveiling municipal bond deposits of local and state agencies to 70 Washington Credit Unions in 2010.
- Bond bill looks doomed. // Crain's New York Business;7/5/93, Vol. 9 Issue 27, p1
Reports on the introduction in the state Legislature of a bill that would force New York City to market the bulk of its bonds through competitive bidding. Sponsorship by Queens Assemblyman Alan G. Hevesi; Opposition by the Republican-controlled Senate.
- Steel Mill Bonds Backed. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;4/2/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33887, p7
The article reports that Arkansas legislative leaders said they support a bill authorizing 125 million dollars of state general obligation bonds to subsidize a steel mill project.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;09/08/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30225, p6
Reports on developments related to new legislation on bonds in the United States as of September 8, 1997. Community Empowerment Act of 1997; Agenda for Aiding America's Cities Act of 1997; Intermodal Surface Transportation Efficiency Act.
- Legislative status report. // Bond Buyer;10/27/97, Vol. 322 Issue 30260, p4
Presents an update of legislative action on municipal bonds in the United States as of October 27, 1997. Congressional approval to establish empowerment zones with liberalized rules; Legislation raising the per-state private-activity bond volume cap per resident per year.