Wax is on the wane
- Albertsons purveys fresh recycling ideas. Johnson, Jim // Waste News;5/26/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 2, p21
Albertsons Inc., one of the largest grocery and drugstore companies in the country, diverted 342,000 tons of recyclables in the year 2002. The company also recycled 12.1 million pounds of plastic, which includes grocery bags. In a typical week, a grocery store generates four bales of OCC...
- Grocery Chain Goes Green. Bamburg, Jill // Yes!;Winter2003, Issue 24, p10
Reports that retail food and drug chain Albertson's has become one of the largest recyclers in the U.S. Key features of the company's recycling strategy; Initiatives of the firm to increase its revenues; Other growth targets and strategies.
- Turn junk into art. // Kiwi;Feb/Mar2011, p40
The article offers step-by-step instructions for making a junk box.
- Lifesaver: Reusing diaper-wipe boxes. Bogar, Leslie; Young, Stephanie // Glamour;Sep95, Vol. 93 Issue 9, p70
Provides a tip on how to reuse diaper-wipe boxes. Use of boxes as storage case.
- How Albertsons Turned Waste into Revenue. // Official Board Markets;12/4/2010, Vol. 86 Issue 49, p1
The article reports on the measures adopted by the facilities of Albertsons LLC in Southern California in order to efficiently manage waste. It states that the company began in its plan to implement a better waste management system by separating materials made from fiber and resin. It adds that...
- What's with waxed corrugated. Kunzler, Conni // BioCycle;Aug98, Vol. 39 Issue 8, p64
Discusses the viability of composting waxed corrugated containers (WCC). Use of the compost as fuel. Waxed box marking program; Recovery options; Compost research with waxed boxes; The aim to increase recovery of waxed boxes and avoid disposal.
- Gifts Filled with Imagination! Regier, MaryJo // Highlights for Children;Dec2000, Vol. 55 Issue 12, p5
Presents the procedures on how to recycle old materials into gift boxes. INSETS: Ouchless First-Aid Shoebox;Busy-Bee Supply Oatmeal Box.
- Turn box corners into creatures. Douglas, Kent // Highlights;Jun97, Vol. 52 Issue 6, p35
Presents an activity for children. Steps in making a creatures made of boxes.
- Profiles in Garbage: Corrugated Boxes. Miller, Chaz // Waste Age Expert Blog;11/11/2011, p9
The article looks at corrugated boxes (OCC) and their potential as recyclable materials. These boxes are known to have fluted inner layers covered between layers of linerboard, where they are being mistaken as cardboard boxes by consumers due to similarities between the two box types. OCCs have...