Expert analysis: 2002 & beyond
- Shopping-Center brauchen Freiraum. Wesp, Roswitha // Lebensmittel Zeitung;4/19/2013, Issue 16, p3
A preview is presented of an article in the April 2013 issue of the "Lebensmittel Zeitung" grocery journal on the economic effect of online shopping on shopping centers.
- ICSC video contest touts brick-and-mortar shopping. // Shopping Centers Today;Aug2012, Vol. 33 Issue 8, p7
The article reports on the video contest of the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) entitled "Why I Love Bricks and Mortar" and was won by the Broken Arrow (Oklahoma) Economic Development shich highlights the hurdles experienced by online shoppers.
- SEASONAL SHOPPING TIP SHEET. Leftwich, Siobhan // Black Enterprise;Nov2007, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p118
The article offers tips on offers tips on holiday shopping. The joys of the season are obscured by agitated shopping center crowds, jammed parking lots and long lists of expensive gifts that will not be paid off until the month of June. Dan Butler, vice president of retail operations and...
- Untitled. // EuroProperty;8/6/2007, p1
The article reports on findings of a research on online shopping conducted by the British Council of Shopping Centres (BCSC). It found that online sales accounted for less than 4% of all retail sales in 2006. The research shows continuing demand by retailers for more physical space. It stated...
- Creating a sense of place. Malkin, Scott // Estates Gazette;Nov2010 Focus Supplement, p8
The article discusses the trends in the shopping centers sector. It was observed that shopping centers can only grow when they have a distinctive brand, and are currently competing with channels like the Internet. Based on the panel discussion held by FSP and twentyretail, the shopping centers...
- GroÃŸe Sorge vor dem â€žkleinenâ€œ Media-Markt. Mende, Jan // Lebensmittel Zeitung;5/16/2014, Issue 20, p0008
The article discusses the impact of online trade on shopping malls, with a particular focus on changing strategies of the electronic appliance retailer Media-Markt.
- Physical retail still rules, industry leaders say at New York Deal Making. // Shopping Centers Today;Jan2015, Vol. 36 Issue 1, p6
The article discusses views of real estate executives as expressed in a panel discussion at the International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC) New York National Deal Making conference held in December 2014. Topics discussed in the panel discussion included proliferation of shopping centers...
- Imotex bietet neuen Glanz fÃ¼r Pronto Moda. Wollenschläger, Ulrike // Textilwirtschaft;10/25/2012, Issue 43, p39
The article discusses the fashion center Imotex in Neuss, Germany. Information on the center's design with dark Grey floors, modern architecture, and a lot of light is presented. Also included is information on the company's business revenues, and their business plans for the upcoming years...
- NOT YOUR PARENTS' CAMPUS STORE. Schachter, Ron // University Business;Oct2012, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p36
The article presents information on the multipurpose store "River Store," being run by the administration of Indian River State College and has plans to open 4500 college stores across the U.S. It reports that textbook sales of the store are being increased as it decreases several technical...