Expert analysis 1980s
- San Francisco: An Insider's Guide To The Mission. Cerulo, Erica // Lucky;Sep2010, Vol. 10 Issue 9, p96
A review is offered for several shopping stores located in the Mission district of San Francisco, California, including Deanna Gibbons Millinery, Bell Jar, and House of Hengst.
- The long climb to cookshop theatre. // Housewares;Mar/Apr97, Issue 133, p20
Reports on the overhauling of the Joplings department store in Sunderland. Cost of cookshop revamp; Step taken to get Joplings back on business; How the Joplings' management addressed staff attitudes and training; How Joplings joined the Investors in People scheme as part of its team-building...
- Trolley Square adds two new stores, locally owned. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;11/10/97, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p17
Reports on the opening of new stores, owned and operated by local entrepreneurs at Trolley Square shopping plaza in Salt Lake City, Utah. Bastille and Claudia's as the new stores which opened in the shopping center; Information regarding the newly opened stores; Other stores inside the shopping...
- LANE CRAWFORD LANDS IN BEIJING. Movius, Lisa // FN: Footwear News;11/12/2007, Vol. 63 Issue 44, p51
The article reports on the opening of the Lane Crawford department store at the Seasons Place Shopping Center in western Beijing, China in October 2007. The store sells in excess of 600 brands, more than half of which are new to the mainland Chinese market, including sizeable footwear and...
- Sega is calling China out to play. Landreth, Jonathan; Ryall, Julian // Hollywood Reporter -- International Edition;4/18/2006, Vol. 394 Issue 1, p8
The article reports that with its eyes on the prize of a vast potential customer base, Japan's Sega Corp. has started its advance into the Chinese market by opening the first of a chain of game arcades in Shanghai, China. In a joint venture with Shanghai New World Co., Japan's largest...
- buy one, get fun free. Payne, Joanne // Estates Gazette;11/17/2007 EG Retail, p44
The article examines a trend in which retail and entertainment ventures merge. According to the author, the benefits of including entertainment projects in the schemes of shopping malls in the U.S. are huge in terms of dwell time and operator retention. The author claims that issues of space and...
- Venturing Out on a Limb. Webb, Steve // National Real Estate Investor;Sep2003, Vol. 45 Issue 9, p67
Reports that hundreds of aging shopping centers in the U.S. are becoming attractive investment targets for joint-venture partnerships. Advantages of joint ventures fro real estate investment trusts; Reduction of the cost of investment in large assets; Hassle factors in running joint ventures.
- Westfield looks at Â£400m exit from trio of malls. DIXON, ANNABEL // Estates Gazette;12/17/2011, Issue 1150, p23
The article reports on plans of Australian shopping centre and developer Westfield to sell three of its shopping centres to its joint venture partner Hermes Real Estate.
- Kimco. Investment Board Purchasing Shopping Centers. Hirsh, Lou // San Diego Business Journal;5/3/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 18, p9
The article reports on the acquisition of Rancho San Diego Towne Center and Morena property by a joint venture of the Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Kimco Realty Corp. in California.