- Surf City Mall War Coming to Head. Schaben, Susan // Orange County Business Journal;11/20/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 47, p1
Focuses on the legal debates over a proposed conversion of the Huntington Beach Center in California into a shopping and entertainment center. Details of the development plans for the site; Lawsuits filed by area retailers affected by the project.
- Development activity: Georgia. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;May95, Vol. 71 Issue 5, p94
No abstract available.
- Investment opportunities abound as value returns to shopping centers. McCloud, John // National Real Estate Investor;May94, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p26
Reports on investment opportunities as value returns to shopping centers. Lower vacancy and cap rates; Increased availability of money; Increasing popularity of neighborhood and community centers to investors.
- EAST OXFORDSHIRE: BICESTER. // English County Guides;1999, p51
The article features the town of Bicester in Oxfordshire, England. There are plenty of shops ranging from W. Ashmore, Ironmongers to a smart new shopping precinct with WH Smith and Boots Pharmacy. On its outskirts is the forthcoming Brure Rural Village, a substantial addition of three bedroom...
- Mega-malls still coining it. Muller, Joan // Finweek;10/9/2008, p47
The article reports on the market performance of shopping centres in South Africa as of 2008. It mentions that super regional centres are fetching far higher trading densities than their smaller counterparts at an average R28 367 per square meter. It notes that regional malls followed at R19 096...
- VACCANCIES ROSE AT U.S. CENTERS DURING Q1. // Shopping Centers Today;Jun2008, Vol. 29 Issue 6, p54
The article reports on the increase in vacancies in community centers in the U.S. According to the research firm Reis, the average vacancy rate at the country's neighborhood and community centers hit 7.7 percent in the first quarter of 2008, up 20 basis points from 2007. Asking rent increased...
- Creativity lifts Kite. Culbertson, Katie // Indianapolis Business Journal;11/5/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p1A
Reports the revival of the shopping center, Glendale Mall into a community lifestyle center in Indianapolis, United States. Persons behind the malls revival; Award received by the real estate company; Expansion of the Eli Lilly and Co..
- Micro-Market Determinants of Neighborhood Center Rental Rates. Hardin III, William G.; Wolverton, Marvin L. // Journal of Real Estate Research;Nov/Dec2000, Vol. 20 Issue 3, p299
This investigation expands the limited empirical research on retail rental rates by investigating the determinants of neighborhood shopping center rents. Evidence supports primary trade area and property specific characteristics as the primary determinants of neighborhood center vacancy and...
- COMMUNITY CENTER. MEYER, EUGENE L. // Maryland Life;Aug2012, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the Korean community center in Howard County, Maryland. It says that Koreans represent 30,000 of the total Asian population in the county. It states that Koreans went to Howard county for its quality of life and top-ranked schools. It also mentions the Bethel Presbyterian...