Is It Clean? Why do You Want to Know? Part II
- Can You Clean a No-Clean Assembly? Munson, Terry // Circuits Assembly;Jan2003, Vol. 14 Issue 1, p48
Focuses on no trouble found (NTF) point in hand-soldered connector on the wave solder side of the assembly. Causes of the NTF problems; Impact of no-clean fluxes on electrical performance of the product; Techniques employed for determining NTF points.
- How to match a reflow oven to your needs. Schedtler, Dick // Process Heating;Sep/Oct95, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p47
Discusses the soldering of printed circuit boards in the printed circuit industry. Attachment of components to circuit boards; Infrared heating; Limitations of infrared radiation; Convection heating as an alternative. INSET: Solder subtleties and flux without flex..
- Reworking Lead-free Solder in PCB Assembly. Dongkai Shangguan // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Jun2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p38
Discusses factors to be considered during lead-free solder rework in printed circuit board assembly. Lack of wetting and wickability in lead-free solder rework; Minimization of negative impact of the rework process on the reliability of the solder interconnects; Electrochemical reliability.
- How To Succeed In Soldering. Campisi, Jr., Skip // Electronics Now;Jul99, Vol. 70 Issue 7, p84
Offers advice about soldering. Selection of the correct tools and solder; Printed circuits; Techniques to use that guarantee success; Importance of tip maintenance.
- Avoiding the Pressure. Nguyen, Nathalie; Robertson, Glenn; Schlak, Robert; Do, Trent // Printed Circuit Design;Nov2002, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p12
Focuses on the avoidance of a soldering-related problems using a compliant pin technology. Attachment of high-speed interconnects to the printed circuit design; Consideration of the insertion force; Reliability of the pin.
- Hand Soldering in the 21st Century. Huerta, Leo // Circuits Assembly;Sep2002, Vol. 13 Issue 9, p44
Focuses on the significance of hand soldering process in assembling the printed circuit board system. Control of the amount of thermal energy; Tips on avoiding thermal damage; Importance of flux in the soldering process.
- Novel Materials for Printing SOLDERABLE SILVER CIRCUITS. Jablonski, Greg // PC FAB;Oct2001, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p14
Discusses the use of novel materials for printing solderable silver circuits. Elimination of etching with the use of a novel silver ink-polymide combination; Comparison of the novel process to the subtractive process for producing flexible circuits; Benefits of using novel silver ink; Potential...
- Selective Fluxing Comes of Age. Erickson, Stuart; Cote, Christopher // Circuits Assembly;Apr2002, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p30
Focuses on the functions of wave soldering in the manufacturing processes of electronic products. Improvement of processes to increase yields and reduce costs; Reliability of the manufacturing technology; Aspects of wave soldering in the application of liquid flux to printed circuit boards.
- Advanced Rework Technology and Processes for Next-Gen Packages. Czaplicki, Brian // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Nov2013, Vol. 28 Issue 11, p16
BGA rework is now largely mature, although new supplemental processes that provide improved process control such as solder paste dipping and non-contact site cleaning can now be integrated into existing processes if the rework technology that is used allows. So, what is the next set of...