2-D X-Ray Evolves
- X-ray systems reveal hidden defects. Titus, Jon // Test & Measurement World;Feb98, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p29
Focuses on the use of x-ray systems in the inspection of the quality of hidden soldering connections. Reduction of defects in products; Maintenance of high-quality production line; Solder problems that an x-ray system can identify. INSET: Film isn't dead yet..
- X-Ray-Based Machine Vision Takes Hold. Pascente, Joe // Quality;Sep2001, Vol. 40 Issue 9, p72
Focuses on the use of X-ray technology for solder joint inspection of printed circuit boards. Reason for the growing demand of X-ray based machine vision systems; Types of X-ray systems that are used for solder joint inspection; Fundamental approaches to automated X-ray based machine vision...
- new products. // Physics Today;Apr77, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p77
Describes several products related to physics as of 1977. High-voltage, high-power, regulated de power supply from Spellman High-Voltage Electronics Corp.; Iso-Tip cordless soldering gun from Wahl Clipper Corp.; Model 2501-3 x-ray spectograph from Pitchford Scientific Instruments.
- Phase Distribution and Phase Analysis in Cu6Sn5, Ni3Sn4, and the Sn-Rich Corner in the Ternary Sn-Cu-Ni Isotherm at 240Â°C. Chia-Ying Li; Guo-Jyun Chiou; Jenq-Gong Duh // Journal of Electronic Materials;Feb2006, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p343
Metallurgical reactions between solders and under bump metallization (UBM) are key issues for the solder joint reliability in microelectronic packaging. A phase diagram consisting of solders and UBM materials are required to further understand the interfacial reactions and related phase...
- FORMATION OF IMC THE INTERFACE OF SNAGCU1,0BI SOLDER WITH CU SUBSTRATE. Kovarikova, Ingrid; Simekova, Beata; Hodulova, Erika; Ulrich, Koloman // Annals of DAAAM & Proceedings;Jan2011, p1191
The effects of Bi addition on the intermetallic phase formation in the lead-free solder joints of SnAgCu1,0Bi (composition given in weight %) with copper substrate are studied. The aged interfaces were analysed by the optical microscopy and energy dispersive x-ray spectroscopy (EDX)...
- Microstructure, thermal behavior, and wettability of Zn4Al3Mg-xIn solders. Yan, Xin; Yang, Xiaojun; Hu, Wei; Lei, Yongping // Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics;Oct2015, Vol. 26 Issue 10, p7537
The potential of Zn4Al3Mg-xIn alloys to replace Pb-containing solders by high-temperature soldering was studied. The microstructure, thermal behavior, and wettability of Zn4Al3Mg-xIn solders were investigated by scanning electron microscopy, X-ray diffraction, differential scanning calorimetry...
- Intraoral Laser Welding (ILW): ultrastructural and mechanical analysis. Fornaini, Carlo; Passaretti, Francesca; Villa, Elena; Nammour, Samir // AIP Conference Proceedings;5/31/2010, Vol. 1226 Issue 1, p134
Nd:YAG, currently used since 1970 in dental laboratories to weld metals on dental prostheses has some limits such great dimensions, high costs and fixed delivery system. Recently it was proposed the possibility to use the Nd:YAG laser device commonly utilised in dental office, to repair broken...
- Lead-free Solder X-ray Inspection Implications. Bernard, David // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Oct2003, Vol. 17 Issue 10, p48
Focuses on the need to consider the implementation of a lead-free solder X-ray in the U.S. Importance of considering an X-ray sample with lead-free solders; Effect of imaging lead-free solders using the same tube parameters on the process; Need to adjust X-ray tube parameters.
- Ni-Rich Part of the System Ni-P-Sn: Thermal Behavior. Schmetterer, Clemens; Ipser, Herbert // Metallurgical & Materials Transactions. Part A;Jan2010, Vol. 41 Issue 1, p43
The phase equilibria in the Ni-rich part of the ternary Ni-P-Sn system, which is a technologically important system in the field of soldering, were investigated by differential thermal analysis (DTA). Together with three partial isothermal sections based on X-ray powder diffraction and electron...