TFI Quarterly Forum Cautiously Bullish on EMS Future
- Leveraging Synergies for Profitability. Brown, Darren // Circuits Assembly;Apr2009, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p40
The article looks at the pursuit of module manufacturers in the photovoltaics (PV) industry for the lowest cost/watt by outsourcing to electronics manufacturing services (EMS) partners. It looks at PV manufacture as an attractive proposition for electronics companies which are looking for new...
- Outsourcing Manufacturing or Not, and to What Extent? Hwang, Jennie S. // SMT: Surface Mount Technology;Apr2003, Vol. 17 Issue 4, p14
Focuses on the level of manufacturing outsourcing in the electronics industry. Factors driving the success of outsourcing; Potential advantages and benefits.
- CEDIA Survey Charts Installer $ Trends. Palenchar, Joseph // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;8/30/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p38
The article reports on the drop in the average net profit margin of electronics systems contractors that are Custom Electronic Design and Installation Association (CEDIA) members to 3.5 percent in 2009 from 2007's 6.8 percent.
- Get your contract manufacturing partner on the design team early. Bell // ECN: Electronic Component News;Jul99, Vol. 43 Issue 7, p107
Explores key considerations in selecting electronic manufacturing services (EMS) partners. Assessment of skills of contract manufacturing partners; Scope of design services; Capability as a precision manufacturer; Inputs in the product realization process.
- Some firms now outsource entire departments. Sanders, Bob // New Hampshire Business Review;11/10/95, Vol. 17 Issue 23, p1
Reports on the increase in outsourcing and subcontracting activities in the United States electronics industry. Factors for the increase; Outsourcing activities of Apple Computer and Lockheed Martin Commercial Electronics; Subcontracting businesses of Hadco, Hitchiner and Advance Circuit...
- Outsourcing Pays Off. LEVINE, BERNARD; DORSCH, JEFF // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p30
Focuses on the contracting out activities of original equipment manufacturers in the United States. Comments from Doctor Eric Miscoll, senior consultant at Technology Forecasters Inc.; Examples of electronic companies involved in such activity.
- The Next Step for Contract Manufacturing. SCRITCHFIELD, CHERYL // Electronic News;02/22/99, Vol. 45 Issue 2258, p32
Traces the changing trend in the outsourcing strategies of original equipment manufacturing companies in the United States. Reason for the changing trend; Background on the Electronics Manufacturing Services (EMS); Centers established by Flextronics.
- OEMs Can Have Their Cake and Eat It Too. Sennett, Wayne // Electronic News;04/09/2001, Vol. 47 Issue 15, p28
Cites the benefits of outsourcing among original equipment manufacturers (OEM) in the electronics industry. Factors which make outsourcing beneficial to OEM; Implication of the success of outsourcing; Services required for outsourcing.
- More Outsourcing Reaching Stage 3. Levine, Bernard // Electronic News;4/15/2002, Vol. 48 Issue 16, p30
Points that outsourcing in the electronics industry is reaching stage three. Explanation on stage three outsourcing in the industry; Impact of the industry downturn on the outsourcing operations of companies; Companies in the industry that have increased their outsourcing performance.