IPC Launches EMS Program Management Class
- Training AIDS. // Industrial Maintenance & Plant Operation;Oct2002 Part 1, Vol. 63 Issue 10, p36
Focuses on the training and seminars of the electronics industry. Provision of information on welding safety; Opportunities for technical training; Application of the welding protection products.
- Banking on PCB design. Druce, Chris // Electronics Weekly;1/16/2002, Issue 2035, p21
Examines the Electronic Design Realisation center created by the Great Britain Department of Trade and Industry with the FEI and Scottish Enterprise Borders company to address the shortage of skills in the field of printed circuit board (PCB) design. State of the PCB design market in Great...
- EDA ON THE INTERNET: GETTING REAL RESULTS QUICKLY. Morelli, Gabe // EDN;09/28/2000, Vol. 45 Issue 20, p58
Focuses on the Internet-related programs established by several electronic design automation companies in the United States. Details on the iCadence Initiative of Cadence Designs Systems; Creation of the Internet-based training program of Altera Corp. at Altera University; Information on the...
- An unhappy medium. Seabrook, Jan; Rushby, Nick // People Management;8/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 17, p45
Focuses on a problem facing the training industry in Great Britain. Implications of the shortage of skilled electronic learning designers; Information on a survey of companies developing technology-based training; Reason for the failure of education institutions to achieve University for...
- Work-ready technicians. Vandenberg, Victoria // Tech Directions;Dec96, Vol. 56 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on the `National Skills Development Project' by the Electronic Industries Association (EIA) and its affiliates aimed to develop voluntary national skill standards for work-ready electronics technicians in United States. EIA's effort for the other aims of the project; Participants in...
- Train Baltimore Poor for Skilled Jobs. // Training & Development Journal;Jul68, Vol. 22 Issue 7, p56
Reports on the launching of a demonstration grant designed to provide skilled training for some of the hard-core poor in the electronics industry in Baltimore, Maryland.
- EDA Training on Tap. Kurup, Pran // Electronic News;07/19/99, Vol. 45 Issue 29, p34
Discusses the importance of online training for engineers in the electronic design automation (EDA) industry. Disadvantages of classroom training; Alternative offered by online training; Features of online courses.
- AROUND THE WORLD. // Printed Circuit Design & Fab: Circuits Assembly;Dec2012, Vol. 29 Issue 12, p10
This section offers news briefs on the international electronics industry including Goepel Electronic and SiliconAid Solutions' joint development of chip-level debug solutions in board and system environments, ASYS Group America's opening of a sales, service, demo and training center in Zapopan,...
- The Billion-Dollar Question: Is Employee Training Effective? Quattrucci, John // TWICE: This Week in Consumer Electronics;6/11/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p22
Highlights the importance of employee training in the world of consumer electronics. Improvement of associate performance; Enhancement of employee confidence; Challenge in creating a training environment that is informative and fun; Assessment of trainers.