Primary Voters Cement Candidates for Michigan Governor
- Money in Campaign War Chests Examined in Illinois, Michigan. Carvlin, Elizabeth; Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/16/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31492, p1
Reports the support on the campaigns of gubernatorial candidates by law firms and public finance firms in Illinois. Influence of law and public finance firms on the decisions of the candidates; Campaign efforts of the candidates to succeed outgoing Governor George Ryan; Status of the election...
- Governor hopefuls talk tourism, gaming. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;8/26/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 22, p1
Reports on 2002 Arizona gubernatorial candidates' participation in a pre-election forum, which was held in Tucson in August 2002. Discussion of topics concerning Indian gaming propositions and funding for the Arizona Office of Tourism; Participation of candidates such as Betsey Bayless, Alfredo...
- PENNSYLVANIA, OREGON NOW SET FOR MAIN EVENTS. Cook, Charlie // National Journal;5/25/2002, Vol. 34 Issue 21, p1580
Focuses on the gubernatorial primaries in Oregon. Candidacy of former Philadelphia Mayor Ed Rendell; Opposition tactics of Republican party against Rendell; Profile of the Democrat candidate Ted Kulongoski.
- Voters to pick 13 governors. // State Government News;Oct2000, Vol. 43 Issue 9, p6
Reports on the gubernatorial candidates for November 7, 2000 election in American Samoa and Puerto Rico. Incumbents who are and are not seeking for reelection; Candidates for American Samoa and Puerto Rico.
- What the candidates say and don't say: A quick guide. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p20
Focuses on New York gubernatorial candidates' stand on various economic issues. Economic development effort; Indian point; Job growth; Tax policy.
- Who Wants to Be GOVERNOR? // Scholastic News -- Senior Edition;9/29/2003, Vol. 72 Issue 4, p6
Presents the candidates for the October 2003 recall election for governor in California.
- Alabama's gubernatorial candidates offer sharply contrasting spending views. Molis, Jim // Bond Buyer;09/24/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30485, p36
Reports on the possible impact of the outcome of Alabama's gubernatorial race on the state's future borrowing. Proposals made by candidates; Campaign funds; Importance of the issue of a state lottery in deciding the election.
- 'Dirty Dozen' candidates raise gubernatorial stakes. Hill, John // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);3/10/2003, Vol. 23 Issue 37, p23
Focuses on the funding stakes raised by gubernatorial candidates in Louisiana. Cost of estimated credible primary campaign; Identification of the source of funding; Efforts of other candidates to put up considerable personal funds.
- Hevesi, Faso prepare negative campaign tacks. Lentz, Philip // Crain's New York Business;9/16/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 37, p4
Focuses on the gubernatorial election in New York. Career of candidate, Alan Hevesi in public service; Political campaigns of candidate, John Faso; Advantages of fund-raising.