Metro Washington Authority Plans $380 Million Refunding
- Capital improvements. Reingold, Lester // Air Transport World;Apr94, Vol. 31 Issue 4, p46
Reports on the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's Capital Development Program for Washington National and Washington Dulles International airports. Description of the capital improvements in the airports.
- D.C. airports authority to save with refunding. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/25/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30238, p5
Reports that the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority began using bonds in conjunction with a new money-bond issue pricing on September 30, 1997. Efforts to reduce debt service costs by refunding $43.2 million in bonds issued in 1989; Spending of the bond proceeds.
- Dulles Expansion, MWAA Debt Restructuring Approved. Ferris, Craig T. // Bond Buyer;08/03/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30946, p3
Reports the formal ratification of Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's plan to issue bonds for the expansion of Dulles International Airport in Washington D.C. Approval of a proposal to restructure the agency's debt; Implications of the restructuring plan on the interest costs of the...
- U.S., France conclude cargo `airport alliance'. Sparaco, Pierre // Aviation Week & Space Technology;3/15/1999, Vol. 150 Issue 11, p39
Details the plan of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority and France's Chateauroux airport to jointly promote all-cargo traffic between Chantilly, Virginia-based Washington Dulles International Airport and Europe. Possible expansion of the deal into a global network of cargo-oriented...
- Back to work at National. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;3/27/95, Vol. 234 Issue 12, p14
Reports on the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority's settlement of a lawsuit filed by George Hyman Construction Co. and Omni Construction Inc. to block a contract to construct a new terminal at the National Airport. Lifting of a preliminary injunction by Judge Emmet G. Sullivan of the US...
- MWAA Gets Nod, Funding Promise for Dulles Rail Project. Funk, Lynne // Bond Buyer;1/9/2009, Vol. 367 Issue 33038, p5
The article reports on the approval of the U.S. Department of Transportation on the plan of the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority (MWAA) to issue $900 million bonds for its Dulles Metrorail extension project. MWAA also plans to issue $300 million revenue bonds in February 2009. Tolls...
- Atlanta Mayor: Bonds a Go. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;1/13/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31551, p1
Reports on the plans of Atlanta's mayor, Shirley Franklin, to deal with bond-funded projects following improvements in the city's economic conditions. Projects that will be undertaken by the city; Need for renovation of the city; Ratings of the city by ratings agency in terms of its economic...
- Oklahoma County Refunding Raises Eyebrows Over Fees. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;3/11/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31590, p1
Reports on a controversy related to multimillion refunding deal in Canadian County, Oklahoma. Comments of the financial advisor on the controversy; Negotiated deal overcame by the county in December 2002; Overview of the competitive and negotiated bond sales for the county.
- Refunding on Mt. Sinai Missed Payments Trigger New Chicago Hospital Deal. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/10/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31716, p1
Reports on the refunding of $107 million of Federal Housing Administration-backed bonds sold in 1996 by the hospital Sinai Health System in Chicago, Illinois, as of September 10, 2003. Reason behind the refunding; Effect of this refunding on bondholders; Benefits to the hospital in terms of...