CBOT to Drop 40-Bond Index in '03; Adds Pricing Service
- CBOT Has High Hopes for New Muni Contract, Index. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;10/24/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31498, p4
Reports on hopes that the Chicago Board of Trade has for the municipal futures contract and underlying index that it will launch to replace the previous one on October 25, 2002. Efforts of the board to enable easy transition to the new contract; Concerns of industry officials over the accuracy...
- CBT's survival will mean following the Merc's lead. // Crain's Chicago Business;06/12/2000, Vol. 23 Issue 25, p10
Comments on the proposal to split the Chicago Board of Trade in Chicago, Illinois, into two competing companies. Creation of a publicly-traded entity specializing in electronic trading; Establishment of a closely-held firm hewing to the open outcry format; Complications of the proposed...
- Remember this? // Plastics News;10/27/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 35, p6
The Chicago, Illinois Board of Trade (CBOT) revealed plans for cash trading in recycled high density polyethylene and PET by spring 1995. CBOT said it eventually would look at trading virgin resins and resin futures.
- CBOT May Switch 10-, 30-Year Pits. Showalter, Monica // Bond Buyer;
Reports on the Chicago Board of Trade Strategy Committee's preparation of a preliminary analysis of the financial market complex. Product development and product modification strategy.
- CBOT tinkers with original formula to fine-tune futures. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;05/03/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30632, p31
Reports that the Chicago Board of Trade (CBOT) in Illinois has changed the formula used for calculating futures contracts in the city. Urgency of the issue according to board officials.
- No candidates, lots of rhetoric. Strahler, Steven R. // Crain's Chicago Business;10/12/98, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p1
Focuses on an election in Chicago, Illinois to decide the management structure of the Chicago Board of Trade. Meeting called by Chairman Patrick Arbor; Consideration of alliance proposals for the board with a European exchange; Comments from Arbor.
- CBOT Alters Muni Futures Settlement. Hume, Lynn; Fine, Jacob // Bond Buyer;10/30/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31751, p1
Reveals that the Chicago Board of Trade has modified the procedures for calculating final settlements of its 10-Year Muni Note Futures Contract. Goal of the board to eliminate problems that had affected prices, created losses for some traders and hampered the board's efforts to increase trading...
- Project A gets leg up on T-bonds. Blazina, Jennifer // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p14
Focuses on the market reaction to the Project A Treasury bond launch of the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois. Success of the launch inspite of lower-than-expected response; Comments from board officials.
- Americas. // Futures: News, Analysis & Strategies for Futures, Options & Deri;Nov98, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on the issues at stake in implementing the Eurex futures trading system upgraded by the Chicago Board of Trade in Illinois. Comments from board official Burt Gutterman; Costs of the initiative.