NEWS IN BRIEF
- Nuclear sushi fears unwarranted, say 'Japanese' suppliers. Zuke, Elinor // Grocer;4/2/2011, Vol. 234 Issue 7999, p4
The article reports on the claim by importers and wholesalers that the majority of Japanese food imported in Great Britain are actually not from Japan but from countries like China and the U.S., thereby making the fear of radiation levels unwarranted.
- Counting on 'counter impulse'. Crompton, Kim // Journal of Business (10756124);11/8/2001, Vol. 16 Issue 23, pA1
Reports the counter impulse products offered by Unitime Imports Inc., an wholesale company in Pacific Northwest. Operations and trademark of the company; Management of the merchandises; Profile of Doug Huffman, owner of Unitime.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Floyd, Daniel F. // Bond Buyer;06/08/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31156, p2
Reports developments related to the bond market in Washington as of June 2001. Increase in applications for state unemployment benefits; Rise in merchant wholesalers' inventories; Status of American consumer credit.
- MiniArt chooses MRC. // Model Retailer;Feb2011, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p9
The article announces the selection of MRC as MiniArt Models' exclusive importer and distributor in North America.
- Trade fears over duty. McKenna, Gemma // Harpers Wine & Spirit;10/19/2012, Issue 92, p4
The article presents information on a report which shows that the major factor for recent collapse of a number of drinks importers and distributors in Great Britain are increased level of alcohol duty.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/11/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31490, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 2002. Reduction in the applications for state unemployment benefits; Increase in the import price index; Inventories of merchant wholesalers.
- IMAGE GETS EXTENSION. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;11/23/2009, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p8
The article reports that distributor Image Entertainment was granted extension until December 11, 2009 on payment of 4 million dollars in interest on a 15 million dollars bond due August 11, 2011 after it issued a warning that it might default on the payment unless it was given an extension....
- Muni Yields Rise 4-5 Basis Points; $1.1 Billion in New Issues Priced. Chesla, Nicholas; Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/8/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31736, p2
Reports developments related to bonds in the U.S. as of October 8, 2003. Increase in cash bond yields; Total amount of consumer credit for the month of August 2003; General revenue bonds priced and repriced by Lehman Brothers Inc.
- NEWS IN BRIEF. Velskin, Alison // Bond Buyer;10/8/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31487, p2
Reports financial developments in the U.S. as of October 2002. Increase in consumer credit; Tender rates of discount bills; Plan of Treasury Department to auction inflation-indexed bonds.