Tags: RELIGIOUS leaders
- Cursillo leaders. // Catholic East Texas;10/17/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 27, p7
A photograph of the newly elected leaders for the Cursillo de Cristiandad movement in the Diocese of Tyler, Texas, including second secretary Patricia Alfaro, first secretary Fela Ru�z and Father Figueroa, is presented.
- People. // Christian Century;11/7/2001, Vol. 118 Issue 30, p12
Presents an update on religious leaders as of November 11, 2001.
- ABUBAKAR III. // Black Studies Primer;2008, p13
The article profiles Sokoto, Nigerian-born Abubakar III, who became one of the famous modern African religious leaders.
- The Coptic Church in Egypt: A Comment on Protecting Religious Minorities from Nonstate Discrimination(*). Brown H., Scott Kent // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;2000, Issue 3, p1049
Analyzes the issues raised by a panel of New York religious leaders on the Egyptian government's affirmative duty to protect their Coptic citizens from discrimination by non-state actors. Historical background of Coptic citizens; Extent of Egypt's duty to the Coptic citizens; Conclusion.
- Of force, fear. Chittister, Joan // National Catholic Reporter;08/11/2000, Vol. 36 Issue 36, p18
Deals with the significance of the courage to stand up to leaders who punish in name of the gospel. Comments on the Vatican silencing of the School Sister of Notre Dame Jeannine Gramick after years of ministry to the gay and lesbian; Concern on the dark aspects of human nature; Arguments...
- Noted Philosophers and Religious Figures of the Past. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p345
No abstract available.
- From the Editor. // Institute of Public Affairs Review;Jan2008, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one by Sam Gregg on how Christian leaders ignore or reject free market economics for a socialist Christianity and another one by Paul Monk on the logic in the nuclear power debate.
- Pat Robertson and Americans United: Nasty name-calling. R.B. // Church & State;Mar1997, Vol. 50 Issue 3, p7
Focuses on the growing conflict between the leaders of religious institutions Christian Coalition and Americans United in the United States. Tension between Pat Robertson and Barry W. Lynn; Branding of Lynn as an intolerant jerk by Robertson; Robertson's name-calling.
- ALONG CAME Jones. Boston, Rob // Church & State;Oct2002, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p9
Focuses on the legislation introduced by Representative Walter B. Jones on endorsement of political candidates from religious sectors in the U.S. Support of religious leaders on Senate candidate Erskine Bowles; Provisions of the Houses of Worship Political Speech Protection Act; Opposition of...