North American construction aggregates market on the rise
- Outlook positive across multiple segments through the next year. Chereb, David // Pit & Quarry;Nov2014, Vol. 107 Issue 5, p6
The article offers a forecasts on aggregates wherein indicated is the improvement of the construction materials industry and economic growth through growth in both employment and state budgets driven by demands in the residential sector.
- Aggregates demand to increase sharply after 2013. Chereb, David // Pit & Quarry;May2012, Vol. 104 Issue 11, p4
The article offers forecast on the consumption and demand of aggregates in the U.S.
- SUSTAINABLE CONSTRUCTION. // Concrete International;Dec2008, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p24
The article presents a call for papers on all the different materials that are used in construction including aggregates, bitumen, and cementitious materials for the Conference on Sustainable Construction Materials and Technologies to be held in Italy.
- In search of sand. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;4/4/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 13, p18
Reports that the construction industry in Puerto Rico may be affected by the lack of sand and rock there. Who is responsible for the shortages; Ebffect the shortages could have on the island; Steps the Department of Natural and Environmental Resources (DNER) plans to take to alleviate the...
- Growth Spurt for Aggregates. Madison, Adam // Rock Products;Jul2003, Vol. 106 Issue 7, p38
Provides information on 2003 studies conducted which predicted an annual increase in worldwide demand for aggregate products. Annual increase to be experienced by the U.S. through 2007 based on a study by the Freedonia Group; Economic turnaround predicted by industrial analyst Kenneth Long,...
- AGGREGATES FORECAST. Chereb, David // Pit & Quarry;Nov2010, Vol. 103 Issue 5, p4
The article reports on the aggregates demand forecast lowered by DCG Inc. in the U.S. for 2010, 2011 and 2012.
- Weighty Matters. Yelton, Rick // Concrete Producer;Apr2009, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p36
The article focuses on the use of heavyweight concrete in the construction industry. The "Heavyweight Concrete: Measuring, Mixing, Transporting, and Placing (ACI 304.3) is used to make specifiers know the special techniques they need to properly handle the product. Aggregates for...
- THE STEADY CLIMB: OUTLOOK/FORECAST 2014. Kuhar, Mark S.; Smith, Josephine // Rock Products;Jan2014, Vol. 117 Issue 1, p20
The article offers a forecast on the aggregates industry in the U.S. for 2014. It presents projections on crushed stone, sand and gravel and total aggregates production, real construction spending, total construction starts, housing production and growth in U.S. transportation infrastructure...
- ASTM SUBCOMMITTEE WEIGHS STANDARD TO MEASURE RCC DENSITY, AIR CONTENT. // Concrete Products;Jul2014, Vol. 117 Issue 7, p31
The article reports on the development of ASTM WK42461, Test Method for Density (Unit Weight) and Air Content (Pressure Method) of Freshly Mixed Roller-Compacted Concrete (RCC) that will verify if the mix is well proportioned to meet the standards set by civil contractors and testing laboratories.