DESIGNS FOR THE FUTURE: CARTER & BURGESS
- Grand Prize. // Contract;Aug2004, Vol. 46 Issue 8, p126
Jason A. Balinbin, senior design manager at Carter and Burgess Inc. in Cambridge, Massachusetts, created a design that looks like a gift. The project incorporates such features as a self-supporting and demountable steel ribbon frame, slide-out ramps and bridges, an air purifier, energy-efficient...
- On maneuvers. Ballew, Read // Wireless Review;05/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p42
Presents information on the expanding capacity problem of the Carter & Burgess company. Details on the solution to the space problem of the facility; Location of the switch facility; Lessons learned about managing site costs.
- City studies 1st Monday land use. Brown, Marsha // Business Press;7/7/95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p13
Reports that the city of Weatherford has commissioned Carter & Bergers engineers to create a master plan for a park and special events facility. Moving of First Monday; Traffic hazard; Comments from Weatherford City Manager Kenneth Reneau.
- Carter-Burgess picks up contract and awards. // Fort Worth Business Press;11/9/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 29, p17
Reports that four Carter & Burgess submissions were honored at the Texas Construction Magazine's 'Best of 2001' project awards.
- She wants to ride out of town on a high-speed rail. // Business North Carolina;Mar2003, Vol. 23 Issue 3, p77
Features engineer Julie Hunt of Carter & Burgess Inc. based in Fort Worth, Texas. Information on the company's high-speed rail project in North Carolina; Description of the job of Hunt in the project; Career background of Hunt.
- Carter & Burgess celebrates 2000 with 2,000 employees. Rodda, Kelli // Fort Worth Business Press;12/31/99, Vol. 12 Issue 36, p1
Focuses on Carter & Burgess Inc., the engineering, architectural, planning and management services company based in North Texas. Growth rate; Success in reaching the company goal of employing 2,000 people by 2000; Target number of employees by 2005.
- Carter & Burgess co-founder, 88, dies. // Fort Worth Business Press;12/01/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p21
Reports on the death of Eugene Hudson Carter, co-founder of Carter & Burgess Inc. Career history; Educational background; Achievements.
- Carter & Burgess chairman dies. // Fort Worth Business Press;1/3/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p9
Pays tribute to Jerry W. Allen, chairman and president of Carter & Burgess Inc., who died on December 28, 2002. Background of Allen; His reputation in business; Expansion of Carter & Burgess under his leadership.
- Allen pursued perfection for Carter&Burgess. // Fort Worth Business Press;1/10/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 2, p5
Pays tribute to Jerry Allen, chairman and president at Carter & Burgess, who died of colon cancer. Reputation of Allen as a perfectionist; Career of Allen in the company; Remarks of colleagues on Allen.