DESIGNS FOR THE FUTURE: GOING OUTSIDE THE LINES
- DESIGN NEWS. Kelett, Maya // Australian House & Garden;May2000, Vol. 103 Issue 6, p25
Presents a roundup of interior design news from Australia as of May 2000. Includes the international design fair, interiordesignEX in Sydney; Interior design trends; Personalization of mass market; Books; Designer Nick Rickard.
- Top Area Commercial Interior Design Firms. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;8/15/2005, Vol. 23 Issue 34, pB2
Presents a chart of the top-fifteen area commercial interior design firms in Grand Rapids, Michigan, in terms of revenue in 2004.
- African beat. // Australian House & Garden;Jul2004, Issue 7, p80
The article presents information on Africa's influence in modern day interiors. Designer Meryl Hare, a South African-born interior designer who's now based in Sydney confirms this sentiment. Massimo says he received a curious response when he began selling African items in the early 1980s. He...
- INTERIOR DESIGN FIRMS. // Indianapolis Business Journal;7/5/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p56B
Provides information on interior design firms in Indianapolis, Indiana compiled as of July 5, 2004. Company name; Address and contact data; Number of licensed local architects; Specialities; Managing partners.
- NEWS. // Design Week;4/4/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p5
Presents news briefs on design in Great Britain, as of April 4, 2002. Design made by Oakwood 3D for GTX Magnatec range of engine lubricants; Interior designer for the restaurant Zuma in London, England; Exhibition of British designers in Paris, France.
- Less is More. Weeks, Katie // Contract;Jul2003, Vol. 45 Issue 7, p42
Today, the popularity of modernism and minimalism continues in both the residential and contract markets. Overloaded with information on a daily basis, clients are interested in less cluttered, calmer environments. Over the years, the stereotypical minimalist environment has developed into a...
- MR. NICE GUY. Ross, Charles L. // Veranda;Nov/Dec2003, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p268
This article presents information related to interior design. The editor of the November 1, 2003 issue of the periodical "Veranda," had called various interior designers interested in publishing their work. The editor reviewed their work and offered his opinion on them. Everybody knew that what...
- From bauhaus back to our house. Stein, Karen // New York;10/9/95, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p37
Presents photographs of interior designs of apartments in New York City. Sun court in a sculpture-cum-partition between living and dining areas; Interior design by Richard Gluckman, David Abelow, Jeff Parsons and Manuel Fernandez-Casteleiro and James Biber; Materials used for the design.
- Sheila Bridges. Philadelphia, Desa // Time;10/16/2000, Vol. 156 Issue 16, preceding p33
Profiles interior designer Sheila Bridges, who founded her own company in 1994. Diversity of her clientele, including Sean Combs, Peter Norton and Tom Clancy; Apartment she designed for Andre Harrell which was featured in 'Home and Garden' magazine; Book she wrote, called 'Furnishing Forward.'
- Layered for Light. Jernigan, Sarah // Southern Living;Sep2000, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p134
Describes the design of the study room in Mike and Millie Young's home in Memphis, Tennessee. Information on the use of layered window treatment in the design; Details on the design for the cornice.