Lease cheat-sheet for rookies
- HOW TO NEGOTIATE A LEASE. Bennett, Julie // Entrepreneur;May2010, Vol. 38 Issue 5, p76
The article presents business advice for negotiating a lease in business management. Introductory comments are given highlighting the challenges of identifying and securing a new rental space for starting businesses and several guidelines are offered. Subjects addressed include identifying ideal...
- Owning your building can help firm's the bottom line. Gavry, Chris // New Hampshire Business Review;03/12/99, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p53
Offers advice for small businesses planning to lease or buy a building. United States Small Business Administration's financial assistance to small business firms; Points to consider when deciding whether to buy or lease a building.
- Office market favors buyers; industrial is tougher. Roush, Matt // Crain's Detroit Business;8/9/93, Vol. 9 Issue 32, Small Business... pE-17
Advises on leasing or buying office space for small businesses. Effect of the 1980s office-building boom and 1990s white-collar recession; Mid-1970s rent levels; Rental of industrial space as a trend; Assessment of the building's location and physical configuration in terms of business needs;...
- Release me? Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Jan1998, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p48
Offers suggestions to small business owners considering whether to renew their leases or purchase their own building. Long term impact of both decisions; Importance of providing space for future expansion.
- Enforce lease code, but only for some. // Estates Gazette;02/01/2003, Issue 305, p34
Provides information on the plan of the British Property Federation to encourage the government to enforce the Code of Practice for Commercial Leases in Great Britain. Proposal of the real estate industry regarding the application of the code of practice for small business tenants; Requirements...
- HOW TO...Select a Vehicle Lease. // Business News New Jersey;12/19/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 51, p22
Advises small businesses to lease their vehicle needs. Improvement of cash flow; Tax advantages; Benefits of using independent leasing companies.
- CNYBJ.COM BRIEFS. // Business Journal (Central New York);5/21/2010, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p2
The article offers news briefs related to business companies in New York including the cash prizes received by four small-business owners, the online tools offered by the Small Business Administration (SBA), and the move of California Closets to lease its retail space in DeWitt.
- Stay Up To Date, Save Money by Leasing Office Equipment. Lee, Mie-Yun // Business Journal (Central New York);07/14/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p21
Discusses the benefits of leasing high-technology equipment for cash-strapped small businesses. Effectiveness of equipment leases for firms that frequently upgrade their equipment; Tax benefits associated with leases; Tips on how to manage equipment leases.
- Leasing your vehicles can save money over purchase. // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/22/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 21, p14
Reports on the advantages of leasing for small businesses that depend on vehicles. Improved cash flow; Tax advantages; Importance of customer service that leasing firms offer; Elimination of the need for an in-house fleet administrator; How independent leasing companies are in a position to...