Urban renewal fuels the Mid-Atlantic
- Hot Times in the City. Gentry, Connie Robbins // Chain Store Age;Mar2003, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p111
Discusses U.S. retailers' urban infill opportunities. Example of a U.S. city surrounded by suburbia; Comments from Tom Thompson of Stewart Title about urban redevelopment; High-demand retail venues for urban infill.
- Things are much better downtown. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct93, Vol. 69 Issue 10, p60
Reports on the rebuilding of downtown areas and redevelopment of retail in three places in the United States. Use of regional mall-style techniques; Dudley Square of Roxbury, Massachusetts; Brickwell Station at Riverwalk in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida; Spirit of Anniston Main Street program in...
- Downtown retail is last in line. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;07/20/98, Vol. 16 Issue 29, p1
Focuses on the urban renewal efforts in the downtown area of Grand Rapids, Michigan, as of July 20, 1998. Revival of the city's retail sector as the last part of the urban renewal; Factors affecting the urban redevelopment program.
- Downtown study shows SLC needs significant revitalization, hard work needs to begin. Black, Greg // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;04/10/2000, Vol. 29 Issue 42, p1
Highlights plans to revitalize retail activity in the downtown area of Salt Lake City, Utah. Issues that impede pedestrian traffic and retail activity on Main Street; Ideal retail mix on Main Street; City-wide parking validation program.
- Bridgeport's 'Little Italy' enjoys revival. Stableford, Joan // Fairfield County Business Journal;05/31/99, Vol. 38 Issue 22, p1
Focuses on the revival of `Little Italy,' a row of restaurants and retail businesses in Bridgeport, Connecticut. Lighting and decorations installed to spruce up the area; Establishment of the Madison Avenue Merchants and Homeowners Association; Grants received by the association from various...
- YOUR VIEW. Dickins, Jon // Estates Gazette;2/5/2011, Issue 1105, p57
The article presents responses to blogs in previous issues including "Centre for Cities Report Takes the Smooth Out of the Rough," by Jackie Sadek and "A Chill in the Air," by Edward Cooke.
- Effort aims to give new life to retail in the urban setting. Bennett, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;9/10/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 37, p5
Focuses on the campaign to revitalize the retail centers in downtown Cleveland, Ohio. Cooperation of Cuyahoga County with the Cleveland Neighborhood Development Corp.; Meeting of retailers to discuss their criteria for the selection of sites.
- ARGENTINA ISN'T CRYING. Ponieman, Carina // In-Store;Jul2003, p15
Discusses developments that transformed the neighborhood of Palermo Viejo in Buenos Aires, Argentina, into a retailing hub. Number of shops concentrating on fashion, gastronomy and interior style; Film and television production companies that have located themselves in the area; Increase in the...
- Addition to Landmark Store Continues Revitalization of Downtown Ithaca. Allen, Paul // Business Journal (Central New York);09/08/2000, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p2
Reports on the expansion project of retailer Contemporary Trends, one of the oldest businesses in downtown Ithaca, New York. Part of efforts to revitalize downtown Ithaca; Major retail expansions and openings in the area.