- A tale of a real estate turnaround. Emory, Michael R. // Business Quarterly;Summer96, Vol. 60 Issue 4, p71
Presents the instructive and encouraging lessons from a tale of how a shopping center in Ontario survived the real estate crash in the 1990s. Ownership attitude; Credibility; Strategy; Leverage; Luck and courage.
- International News. Caylor, Peggy // National Real Estate Investor;03/01/2000, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p30
Presents information on the international real estate business as of March 2000. Construction of Gateway Shopping Center at Umhlanga New Town Centre in South Africa; Emergence of securitization trend in Asia; Opening of a service center of Merrill Corp. in Europe.
- Caution on the storefront. Spires, Sheila W. // National Real Estate Investor;7/15/2001, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p69
Focuses on the retail property market in the United States as of July 15, 2001. Factors that contributed to the growth of Simon Property Group; Impact of slow economy on retail property market; Trends in retail property developments.
- Specialty Shopping Centers: Factors of Success and Failure. Carneghi, Christopher L. // Appraisal Journal;Oct81, Vol. 49 Issue 4, p563
Examines the factors of success and failure in specialty shopping centers. Overall drawing power and market area; Existence of an anchor tenant; Proximity to upper income residential areas; Expenses of construction.
- DEALS OF THE WEEK. // Estates Gazette;1/8/2011, Issue 1101, p7
This section offers updates on major deals in the real estate industry in England, including the decision of British land to sign off its purchase of the Drake Circus shopping centre in Plymouth, the acquisition of the Canary Wharf Group-owned 25 Bank Street by JP Morgan Chase and the purchase...
- On center. // Chain Store Age;Sep96, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p146
Reports on developments in shopping centers and in real estate businesses in the United States as of September 1996. Includes Livingston Mall's sponsorship of a science program for children; Merger of Simon Property Group and DeBartolo Realty; Brokerage community's growth; Mall specialty store...
- DEALS. // Estates Gazette;7/18/2009, Issue 928, p62
This section presents a list of deals in the real estate industry, including Lichfield Charter House, Hanley The Potteries Shopping Centre, and the Uttoxeter Marchington Industrial Estate.
- DEMANDTO FUEL SHOPPING CENTRE CONSTRUCTION. // EuroProperty;9/3/2012, p11
The article forecasts on the 25-percent increase in the development of shopping centers in Europe in 2012.
- real deals. Howe, Aleshia // Fort Worth Business Press;8/23/2010, Vol. 22 Issue 34, p6
This section offers news briefs related to real estate deals in Texas, including the sale of North Fort Worth's shopping center to investment group, the acquisition of Commercial land by HL & MCB Properties from Clark's Holiday Lane Cottages LLC, and the opening of Tuscan farmhouse-designed...