Toronto goes Main Street
- Mall sparks downtown renaissance. // Indianapolis Business Journal;12/30/96, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p12A
Reports on real estate development triggered by the success of Circle Centre Mall in Indianapolis, Indiana. Includes planned move to Monument Circle; Revival of the struggling retail scene; Planned opening of the Hampton Inn.
- Rethinking the Mall: Higher-End Products, Less Square Footage. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/6/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 109, p1
Reports on a trend among major shopping-mall developers in the United States to shift from the old four-anchor format to a more creative tenant mix and architecture. Highlights of the International Council of Shopping Centers spring 2000 convention; Redevelopment of aging properties; Strength...
- Muskegon Leaders Take Proactive Stance On Mall. Sanchez, Mark // Grand Rapids Business Journal;9/24/2001, Vol. 19 Issue 39, p21
Reports on the findings of a study commissioned by the Paul C. Johnson Foundation to determine potential redevelopment options for the Muskegon Mall property in downtown Muskegon, Michigan. General feeling among many in the community that the mall will eventually close down and the property...
- Getting bigger and better. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Oct94, Vol. 70 Issue 10, p110
Focuses on the expansion of The Plaza at King of Prussia mall in Pennsylvania. Background on the establishment of The Plaza; Additions to the mall; Phases of the renovation; Specialty shop space; Three different malls; Advantages of the center's location; Parking space.
- Mall developers consider entertainment anchors. Jeffrey, Don // Billboard;6/29/96, Vol. 108 Issue 26, p63
Reports that shopping-mall developers in the United States are increasingly looking at entertainment centers and music retailers as possible anchor tenants. Movie theaters as magnets for a variety of other entertainment retailers and theme restaurants; Details of an entertainment conference...
- ConventrYard could be in for makeover. Bullard, Stan // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/02/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p3
Reports the interest of real estate developer CenterPoint Properties in the CoventrYard Mall in Cleveland, Ohio. Creation of the Coventry Investments LLC; Impact of the plans of Urban Outfitters Inc. to open a store on the sale; Reaction of Coventry merchants to the plan of Urban Outfitters.
- Cerro Wire shopping mall fight turns to the mail. Anastasi, Nick // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);
Reports that the proponents of the proposed shopping mall development project in Syosset, Long Island, New York has received positive response from mass mails sent to concerned residents. Opponents' claims that the mailings were misleading; Response rate of the mailing.
- A deferred Dream now coming true. // njbiz;8/29/2011, Vol. 24 Issue 35, p16
The author comments on the efforts of the New Jersey government to complete the construction of the American Dream Meadowlands Mega-Mall following the selection of developer Triple Five Group.
- The Monroe Vision. Hoekman, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/16/2000, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p1
Reports on the second phase of the Monroe Center redevelopment project in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Development of the sidewalks and pedestrian lanes; Hiring of Design Plus as consultant to the Downtown Development Authority.