General Growth hooks JP
- Visalia Mall merges with Chicago-based corporation. Fujimoto, Deborah Rivera // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/12/2002, Issue 322915, p1
Reports that the owner of the Visalia Mall in Fresno, California, JP Realty Inc., has agreed to merge with the General Growth Properties (GGP) Inc. Cost of the proposed merger; Sales outlook of the JP Realty in a January 2002 news release; Other acquisitions of the GGP; Background on the...
- GGP Spends $1.1B to Buy Western Retail Properties. // National Mortgage News;3/11/2002, Vol. 26 Issue 24, p23
Reports the acquisition of JP Realty Inc. by General Growth Properties Inc. in Chicago, Illinois. Estimated amount of purchase price; Details of JP Realty portfolio; Rating of preferred equity securities.
- General Growth acquires JP Realty. Miller, Jessica // National Real Estate Investor;Apr2002, Vol. 44 Issue 4, p14
Reports that General Growth Properties Inc. will acquire JP Realty Inc. of Salt Lake City, Utah in the second quarter of 2002. Number of malls and community centers that will be added to General Growth's portfolio; Components of the total acquisition price; Number of regional malls in the U.S....
- TWO WEEKS IN REVIEW. // Journal of Business (10756124);7/25/2002, Vol. 17 Issue 16, pA2
Presents news briefs on business in Washington State as of July 2002. Acquisition of JP Realty Inc. by General Growth Properties Inc.; Net loss of Potlatch Corp. for the second quarter of 2002; Increase in the gold and silver production estimates of Hecla Mining Co. for 2002.
- Acquisition skills at General Growth. Fickes, Mike // Shopping Center World;Oct2002, Vol. 31 Issue 10, p59
Focuses on the acquisition strategy on real estate by General Growth Properties of Chicago in Illinois. Level of importance of acquisition skills for Real Estate Investment Trust on stock prices; Issuance of non-recourse commercial mortgage pass-through certificates; Details of transactions of...
- General Growth shopping for malls to hike profits. Gallun, Alby // Crain's Chicago Business;5/19/2003, Vol. 26 Issue 20, p16
Chicago, Illinois-based General Growth Properties Inc., a real estate investment trust, is relying on acquisition of properties to increase its profits in 2003. General Growth, the second-largest shopping mall owner and manager in the U.S., spent $2.85 billion on acquisition of 30 properties in...
- General Growth searches for Sears store replacement vendors. Wood, Gigi // Corridor Business Journal;3/5/2012, Vol. 8 Issue 33, p5
The article presents information on the acquisition of the store departments of the Sears Holdings Corp. by the General Growth Properties Inc.
- NEWS BRIEFS. // National Real Estate Investor;Dec2002, Vol. 44 Issue 12, p10
Reports developments related to real estate industries in the U.S. as of December 2002. Acquisition of Glendale Galleria by General Growth Properties Inc.; Expansion plan of Barcelï¿½ Crestline Corp.; Plan of Equity One Inc. to acquire IRT Property CO.
- Simon's bid roils retailing. Schouten, Cory // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/22/2010, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p3
The article reports on the implication of the 10 billion U.S. dollars acquisition by Indianapolis, Indiana-based Simon Property Group Inc. of bankrupt General Growth Properties Inc. for the shopping mall industry in the U.S. It indicates that the acquisition will give the buyer ownership of 40%...