Kmart springs a major house cleaning
- Kmart readies re-org plan. // Home Textiles Today;10/28/2002, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p2
Reports on the corporate reorganizational plan of Kmart Corp. in the U.S.
- Troubled Kmart Should Emulate its Peers, Analysts Say. Cecil, Mark // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;08/07/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 32, p6
Deals with the decision of Kmart Corp. to close its stores and take pretax charge to reorganized the company. Deflation on the stocks of Kmart; Investment plans of Kmart; Factors that put Kmart into competitive disadvantage; Comparison on the earnings of Kmart with Wal-Mart Stores Inc.
- Will Julian Save the Day? Hoffman, Gene D. // Retail Merchandiser;Apr2003, Vol. 43 Issue 4, p38
Comments on the transformation of retail company Kmart. Number of stores closed by the firm; Information on the evolution of Kmart; Advantages of the Super Kmart Centers.
- Closings benefit competitors; vendors left to reel. Howell, Debbie // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p37
Focuses on Kmart Corp.'s reorganization plan. Effects of the downsizing of the company; Benefits of Wal-Mart from Kmart's closures.
- New director's interest is vested--and invested. // DSN Retailing Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p37
Reports on the reorganization plan of Kmart Corp. Marketing campaigns rolled out by the company; Changes in the executives of the company.
- Kmart stakes future on team buying. Liebeck, Laura // Discount Store News;8/19/96, Vol. 35 Issue 16, p1
Reports on the launching of a team-buying concept at Kmart stores in the United States. Restructuring as a means towards a stronger identity for Kmart; Concept design; Need for 100 team buying professional positions.
- Kmart execs out in shakeup. Mead, Chris // Crain's Detroit Business;2/5/96, Vol. 12 Issue 6, p25
Reports on Kmart Corp. chairman Floyd Hall's firing of two company executives and redeployment of top-level management to improve the company's sales.
- Kmart gets rezoning OK from Roseville Council. Mercer, Tenisha // Crain's Detroit Business;10/13/97, Vol. 13 Issue 41, p26
Reveals that in September 1997, Roseville's City Council approved Kmart Corporation's request to rezone 10 lots from residential to business. Brief description of plans being made by Kmart; Recommendation made by the Planning Commission in August 1997.
- Kmart cuts staff. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jan1995, Vol. 71 Issue 1, p23
Reports on the corporate staff reduction of Kmart. Transfer of the information systems and financial operations of Kmart's New Jersey-based apparel division; Possible store closures.