- Marks & Spencer Holding Steady. Fallon, James // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/20/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 12, p7
Reports that sales of the British retailer Marks & Spencer PLC improved in 16 weeks to July 15, 2000. Comparison with the year-ago level; Concerns over weakness in apparel sales, its greatest source of revenues; Causes of the shakeout in Great Britain's mid-priced market.
- Marks & Spencer Net Drops to $790M in '02. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/21/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 104, p9
Reports on the business performance of Marks & Spencer PLC during the first quarter of 2003. Company background; Net income for the period; Marketing and sales strategy.
- M&S aim to keep top spot. // Housewares;Jul93, Issue 100, p3
Reports on Marks & Spencer's (M&S) increase in pre-tax profits on sales for the first quarter of 1993. Reputation as Great Britain's most profitable retailer; Group's clothing division as major contributor; Profits in overseas stores; Expansion in the Far East; Increase in price promotions and...
- M&S ponders sales monitor split. // In-Store;Dec2003, p8
Reports on the plans by Marks & Spencer to pull out of the British Retail Consortium's retail sales monitor. Motivation for the company to consider resigning from the consortium.
- Marks & Spencer to exit Canada, close 38 stores. French, Paul // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/29/1999, Vol. 177 Issue 82, p15
Reports that British retailer Marks & Spencer is pulling out of Canada after 25 years. Shutdown of 38 stores; Losses of Toronto-based Marks & Spencer Canada Inc.; Review of all business operations; Failure of the company to turn a profit in the Canadian market.
- Marks & Spencer Sales Up 2.6% in 2nd Quarter. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;10/8/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 74, p23
Reports on an improvement in the sales performance of retailer Marks & Spencer PLC in the second quarter ended September 27, 2003, as compared with the same period in the previous year. Percentage increase in sales of clothing and footwear; Decline in sales at the company's home division;...
- Marks & Spencer's sales off 5.3%, rating lowered. Ryan, Thomas J. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/13/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 9, p22
Focuses on the decrease in the sales revenues of retail chain Marks and Spencer PLC during a 15-week period ending January 8, 2000. Downgrade of the debt ratings of the Great Britain-based retailer; Plan of Chief Executive Officer Peter Salisbury to improve the merchandise.
- M&S 'risks shackling itself' through extension of Plan A. // Marketing Week;3/4/2010, Vol. 33 Issue 10, p5
The article focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of the extension of the Plan A sustainability commitments of British retailer Marks & Spencer (M&S) in 2010.
- M&S must choose quality or value to hold onto customers. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;10/28/1999, Vol. 22 Issue 39, p23
Comments on developments related to London, England-based retailer Marks and Spencer as of October 28, 1999. Rick Greenbury's resignation as chairman of the company; Company's termination of its supply agreement with William Baird; Factors affecting the company's business operations.