Screams & DREAMS
- It takes a village and there's a whole lotta retailing going on. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/18/2000, Issue 322670, p3
Focuses on the retail stores leasing at the Fig Garden Village in Fresno, California. Inauguration of Whole Foods Market; Entry of a Wicks 'n' Sticks franchise; Schedule for the opening of Cold Stone and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- Laytner's hoping to hit home run in Eastchester mall. Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p7
Reports the lease of Laytner's Linen and Home, a home furnishing and linen store, at Vernon Hills Shopping Center in Westchester County, New York. Background of the company; Difference from the Manhattan stores; Renovations made to the space to suit the store.
- Short-term leasing's lure. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/31/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 123, p10
Highlights the emerging trend among retail stores of signing short-term leases. Filling of holes in the retail area; Definition of a temporary lease; Testing of market and the mall; Proliferation of temporary stores during the holidays.
- When it's time to go. Gupta // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p6
Offers advice to retail store owners planning to leave a rented location.
- 2001: A leasing odyssey. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p177
Forecasts the retail store leasing activity in the United States by the year 2000. Changes in the baby boomers' shopping needs; Effect of the aging of the overall population on mall leasing; Reduction of retail spaces dedicated to adult apparel; Return of mom-and-pops; Lifestyle as the key to...
- Dollar Store plans outlet in Hillyard. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA9
Reports on the plan of Dollar Store retail chain to open a retail store in Spokane, Washington. Area of building space leased; Location of store.
- Bed, mattress shops close their doors. Cole, David // Journal of Business (10756124);1/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, pA6
The article reports on the closure of the Simmons Comfort World stores, a bed and mattresses shops in Spokane County, Washington, because of the management's failure to re-negotiate their leases.
- TOWN CENTRE HEALTH CHECK. // Estates Gazette;8/21/2010, Issue 1033, p27
The article reports that national shop vacancy levels in Great Britain increased to 13.4% in July 2010, according to a monthly town centre health check of "Estate Gazette" compiled by The Local Data Co.
- DIVING FOR deals. Bergsman, Steve // Shopping Center World;Feb2002, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p22
Reports on the status of retail store leases in the United States in 2001. Downside of the softer lease market in the country; Factors attributed to the failure to maximize the potential of lease opportunities in 2001. INSET: Where were the retail deals?.