DIVING FOR deals
- It takes a village and there's a whole lotta retailing going on. Radke, Chuck // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;09/18/2000, Issue 322670, p3
Focuses on the retail stores leasing at the Fig Garden Village in Fresno, California. Inauguration of Whole Foods Market; Entry of a Wicks 'n' Sticks franchise; Schedule for the opening of Cold Stone and Chipotle Mexican Grill.
- Laytner's hoping to hit home run in Eastchester mall. Hlotyak, Elizabeth // Westchester County Business Journal;06/05/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 23, p7
Reports the lease of Laytner's Linen and Home, a home furnishing and linen store, at Vernon Hills Shopping Center in Westchester County, New York. Background of the company; Difference from the Manhattan stores; Renovations made to the space to suit the store.
- Short-term leasing's lure. Edelson, Sharon // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/31/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 123, p10
Highlights the emerging trend among retail stores of signing short-term leases. Filling of holes in the retail area; Definition of a temporary lease; Testing of market and the mall; Proliferation of temporary stores during the holidays.
- When it's time to go. Gupta // Cabinet Maker;01/07/2000, Issue 5169, p6
Offers advice to retail store owners planning to leave a rented location.
- 2001: A leasing odyssey. Hazel, Debra // Chain Store Age;Dec96, Vol. 72 Issue 12, p177
Forecasts the retail store leasing activity in the United States by the year 2000. Changes in the baby boomers' shopping needs; Effect of the aging of the overall population on mall leasing; Reduction of retail spaces dedicated to adult apparel; Return of mom-and-pops; Lifestyle as the key to...
- Dollar Store plans outlet in Hillyard. Parish, Linn // Journal of Business (10756124);4/10/2003, Vol. 18 Issue 8, pA9
Reports on the plan of Dollar Store retail chain to open a retail store in Spokane, Washington. Area of building space leased; Location of store.
- Bed, mattress shops close their doors. Cole, David // Journal of Business (10756124);1/28/2010, Vol. 25 Issue 3, pA6
The article reports on the closure of the Simmons Comfort World stores, a bed and mattresses shops in Spokane County, Washington, because of the management's failure to re-negotiate their leases.
- Busier high streets give boost to Local Shopping REIT. // Estates Gazette;2/13/2010, Issue 1006, p38
The article reports that real estate investment trust (REIT) Local Shopping has closed 28 lettings in Great Britain from October 2009 to January 2010 due to rise of high street trading amid pessimism on retail properties.
- TOWN CENTRE HEALTH CHECK. // Estates Gazette;8/21/2010, Issue 1033, p27
The article reports that national shop vacancy levels in Great Britain increased to 13.4% in July 2010, according to a monthly town centre health check of "Estate Gazette" compiled by The Local Data Co.