the Gap trap
- Gap Body: An intimate tryout. Curan, Catherine // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/3/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 46, p11
Features the Gap Body store in Cherry Hill Mall, Cherry Hill, New Jersey, incorporating the intimate apparel and personal care items concept. Other sites which the company plans to build more Gap Body stores; Focus of the store.
- Visalia Mall wants to fill spot with Old Navy Clothing Co. D'Ambrosio, Michele // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;08/18/97, Issue 322187, p1
Reports on Central California-based Visalia Mall's efforts to lure an Old Navy Clothing Co. store for a spot vacated by Miller's Outpost. Need for a West Coast distribution center due to the growth of the Old Navy; Company's objective to keep mall active by introducing new tenants and ideas.
- Denton's Golden Triangle Mall adding Old Navy, new retailers. Rodda, Kelli // Business Press;05/07/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p7
Announces deals inked by the Golden Triangle Mall in Denton County, Texas with various tenants, including the Old Navy Clothing Co. and The Gap Inc. Background on the two tenant companies; Other deals landed by the mall.
- A Big Leap: Gap Enters China With Shanghai Store. Farrar, Lara // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/11/2010, Vol. 200 Issue 101, p1
The article reports that American retailer Gap Inc. has opened some flagship stores at Hong Kong Plaza, a high-end shopping center on Huaihai Lu, China. The company recently organized a launch party that included speeches from regional executives and a fashion show featuring the 2010 holiday...
- University Mall angling for several new retailers. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;08/23/99, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p9
Reports on the efforts of the University Mall in Orem, Utah to negotiate leases with several leading retailers. Courting of Gap and its group of stores; Home furnishings retailer Bed Bath & Beyond; Current roster of retailers at University Mall.
- The Gap opens door to new mall concept. Ward, Adrienne // Advertising Age;1/21/91, Vol. 62 Issue 3, p39
This article reports that clothing retailer The Gap is building a shopping mall without a department store anchor in downtown Chicago, Illinois. The Gap is one of the minority partners in the project. The mall is an element in the revolution taking place in the world of shopping. The Gap will...
- Old Navy Lands In Japan. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/11/2012, Vol. 204 Issue 7, p5
The article reports that Gap Inc. subsidiary Old Navy will open its first store international store in Tokyo, Japan in July 2012. Topics include the reason Old Navy chose to open the store in a shopping mall rather than as a stand-alone store, the success of Gap Inc. in Japan that led to the...
- Lots of Snow, Little Impact. Derby, Meredith; Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 16, p2
Reports on the impact of the blizzard in January 2005 on the sales of clothing retailers in the U.S. Increase in consumer spending; Comments of Gap Inc. spokeswoman Kris Marubio on the impact of the blizzard on the specialty retailer; Closure of some shopping malls.
- Middle of the Road. Solnik, Claude // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/25/2006, Vol. 53 Issue 35, p1B
The article highlights the retail operations of businessman and retailer Sharaz Azim, who started his business by peddling T-shirts at Huntington's Walt Whitman Mall in New York. Some kiosks at the mall were occupied by Express and the Gap. Azim is just one of hundreds of Long Island...