Top REITs covet A-class malls
- Will the REITs ever rise. // Chain Store Age Executive with Shopping Center Age;Jul95, Vol. 71 Issue 7, p98
Reports on the financial performance of real estate investment trust (REIT) stocks in the United States' retail industry. Influence of the REITs' novelty to market performance; Problems on investor skittishness; Optimism of additional REIT value from real estate rents.
- Untitled. Furber, Sophia // Estates Gazette;2/15/2014, Issue 1358, p05
The article reports that charity shops, hairdressers, and takeaways are the best performers among struggling Local Shopping Real Estate Investment Trust's (REIT) 633-strong portfolio of local retail and convenience properties in Great Britain as of mid-February 2014.
- REITs on the Rebound. Broderick, Pat // San Diego Business Journal;5/22/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 21, p1
The article reports that the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts (REIT) has revealed that there about 200 publicly traded REIT in the U.S. The impact of the performance of the retail sector on the real estate sector is discussed. International real estate analyst Sanford R....
- CAN'T STOP, WON'T STOP: Housing bubble burst? High gas prices? No problem. Retail REITs continue to buck the odds. Bodamer, David // Retail Traffic;Nov2006, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p34
The article reports on the condition of retail REIT in the U.S. Every retail sector was affected by the success in 2006. According to the National Association of Real Estate Investment Trusts, retail REIT's total returns has increased by 16.26 percent year-to-date. Retail is outperforming the...
- REIT or wrong? McClary, Samantha // Estates Gazette;2/24/2007 EG Retail, Issue 709, p41
The article focuses on the possible impact of real estate investment trusts (REIT) on the retail investment market in Great Britain. David Erwin, retail investment partner at Cushman & Wakefield, believes that REITs are a good thing because they provide a more transparent vehicle for private...
- TRANSACTIONS. // SCTWeek;2/8/2013, Vol. 18 Issue 6, p7
The article offers news briefs of mergers and acquisitions related to real estate investment trusts in North America as of February 8, 2013 including Blackstone Group, Primaris Retail REIT, and Burton Property Group.
- THE BOTTOM LINE. // Shopping Centers Today;Jan2011, Vol. 32 Issue 1, p58
The article offers information on various issues related to retail trade in the U.S. Executive chairman of Kimco Realty Corp., Milton Cooper, predicts that real estate investment trusts (REIT) may provide loans to retail chains to boost business-to-business sales. Marcus & Millichap's national...
- REIT Report Card Pt. II. Misonzhnik, Elaine // Retail Traffic;Sep2007, Vol. 36 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the retail sales performance of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) of shopping centers in the U.S. According to a report, several shopping center REITs have yielded strong operating results for the second quarter of 2007. Among the shopping centers include Urstadt...
- Retail REITs May Be Turning Green. Choi, Amy S. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/16/2005, Vol. 189 Issue 103, Special Section p22
Focuses on the failure of major real estate investment trusts to tackle sustainable retail centers in the U.S. Growth of the annual market for green building products and services in 2004; Commercial developers that led the charge and invested heavily in green properties on a grand scale;...