Changing of the guard
- LAS VEGAS MARKET REMAINS SLUGGISH. Smith, Hubble // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);7/19/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 29, pP12
The article reports on the slow growth of the retail market in Las Vegas, Nevada due to high unemployment and tight consumer spending which prevent any chance of economic recovery.
- Retailers thrive with speedy deliveries. // Furniture/Today;6/16/2003 Supplement, Vol. 27, p32
- Same-stores up slightly in third week. // Home Textiles Today;2/3/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p30
Reports on retail sales in the U.S. during the third week of January 2003. Improvements in sales; Performance of various segments of the retail sector.
- RETAIL briefs. // Home Textiles Today;3/10/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p2
Presents news items related to retail trade in the U.S. Appointment of Debbie Rowland as table linen buyer at Kohl's; decrease of the second quarter profits of Costco Wholesale.
- RETAIL briefs. // Home Textiles Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p2
Reports on news and developments concerning the United States retail industry. Appointment of William Young to the position of vice president at Pamida stores; Bon-Ton Stores Inc.'s signing of a lease to operate a store in Latham, New York; Kohl's hiring of Wesley McDonald to the position of...
- Trying to resolve the WYSIWYG dilemma. Sloan, Carole // Home Textiles Today;7/28/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p13
Discusses the proliferation of companies from Asia in the United States retail market. Advantages of Chinese companies; Issues of interest to buyers in the Showtime event in High Point, North Carolina; Challenges for American companies.
- Retail Briefs. // Home Textiles Today;10/25/2010, Vol. 31 Issue 25, p2
The article offers news briefs related to the retail industry in the U.S. including the redesign and revamp of the 55 Chicago area units of Target Corp., the expansion of the sustainability program of Macy's Inc., and the launch of the four small business grants by Sears Holdings.
- The End of Retailing as We Know It. // Shopping Center World;Feb2003, Vol. 32 Issue 2, p48
Focuses on the spending in the retail trade in the U.S. Disappearance of the vestige of the 20th century retailing theory during the Christmas season; Increase in online shopping; Factors contributing to the shifts.
- Sales bounce back. // Credit Management;Jan1998, p8
Reports on the growth in annual retail sales volumes in Great Britain in October 1997 based on data from the Confederation of British Industry compared with that of the same month of 1996. Increase in volume of orders placed with suppliers; Impact of the arrival of colder weather to sales of...
- Retail Sales Slip; Ex-Autos Up 0.2%. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/17/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31763, p2
Reports on retail sales in the U.S. for October 2003. Comparison with sales in previous months.