- Hodder to Enter U.S. Market With Assist from S&am;S. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/17/2003, Vol. 250 Issue 7, p10
Reports on the plan of British publisher Hodder Headline to launch Hodder Headline USA (HH USA), through a joint venture with Simon & Schuster as of February 17, 2003. Terms of the joint agreement between the two companies; Genre of books that will be found at HH USA; Plans of the company for...
- Hodder Headline Acquires John Murray. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;5/20/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 20, p13
Reports on the acquisition of John Murray, an independent publisher in Great Britain, by Hodder Headline. Decline in independent publishing in Britain; View of Tim Hely Hutchinson of Hodder on the deal; Sales of Hodder in 2002.
- W.H Smith Sells Book Publishing Arm For $406 Million. // Book Publishing Report;8/9/2004, Vol. 29 Issue 30, p5
Reports that Great Britain-based W.H. Smith Ltd. has sold its book publishing arm, Hodder Headline PLC, to French publisher Hachette Books. Revenues generated by Hodder; Number of publishing houses and books published by Hachette.
- Good Results at WHS; Hodder Wants a U.S. House. Richardson, Jean // Publishers Weekly;12/6/1999, Vol. 246 Issue 49, p14
Presents an update from the publishing industry in Great Britain as of December 6, 1999. Information on the profits and sales of W.H. Smith for the fiscal year ending August 31, 1999; Future plans of W.H. Smith; Plans of Hodder Headline to acquire a publishing house in the United States.
- Hodder Headline Sale Heats Up. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;7/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 27, p10
Reports on the negotiation being undertaken by WH Smith for the sale of its publishing company Hodder Headline. Information on the prospective buyers; Confirmation made by a spokeswoman for WH Smith regarding the negotiation; Prediction made by analysts with regards to the sale price.
- Hachette Acquires Hodder Headline For $400 Million. Doran, Amanda-Jane // Publishers Weekly;8/9/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 32, p109
Reports on the acquisition of British publisher Hodder Headline by the French publishing group Hachette Livre. Cost value of the deal; Percentage of the British consumer publishing market to be controlled by Hachette with the purchase of Hodder; Members of the Hachette British Book Group which...
- WHS simplifies in Headline sale. // Printing World;8/12/2004, Vol. 287 Issue 8, p16
Reports on the plan of WH Smith to sell its Hodder Headline publishing business to Lagardere's Hachette Livre. Impact of the sale on the annual revenue of Hatchette's British-based publishing business; Publishing companies owned by Lagardere; Impact of the deal on the return of investment to WH...
- Another blow to NBA in U.K.: Hodder to withdraw. Wheeler, Sara // Publishers Weekly;10/17/1994, Vol. 241 Issue 42, p14
Reports that Hodder Headline has announced its withdrawal from England's Net Book Agreement on December 26, 1994. Implications of the decision.
- New Fees, Initiatives From Abebooks.com. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;4/5/2004, Vol. 251 Issue 14, p8
Reports on the plan of Abebooks.com to increase commission fees and offer book titles on its Web site. Sales of Abebooks in the used book marketplace; Statement from Abebooks' spokesperson Marci Crossan on the unveiling of the Web site; Details on the basis commission fee structure.