PEOPLE IN THE NEWS
- Maybe We Canâ€¦. Nelson, Sara // Publishers Weekly;6/16/2008, Vol. 255 Issue 24, p4
The author expresses her hope for the book publishing industry to surpass difficult times. The author talks about a number of events that are affecting the industry, including the departure of HarperCollins' Jane Friedman, the appointment of Markus Dohle at Random House and the restructuring of...
- News Briefs. // Publishers Weekly;2/9/2009, Vol. 256 Issue 6, p4
This section offers news briefs related to the publishing industry. HarperCollins experienced a 25% drop in revenue in the quarter ended December 31, 2008. Borders has eliminated several positions at the vice-president and director level as part of its efforts to cut costs. A unified marketing...
- New HC imprint will focus on brand publishing. // Publishers Weekly;1/12/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 2, p15
Reports on Harpercollins' imprint, HarperHorizon. Release of its first title in February 1998; Its wish to become the preferred publisher for companies with strong brands or licenses; Its plans and alliances.
- Digging for gold. Goldsmith, Olivia // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar97, Vol. 110 Issue 3, p5
Expresses insights about the prospect that a manuscript submitted by unpublished writers to HarperCollins will be published. Changes in publishing; Importance of feedback; Quality of the manuscripts; Proposal for a contest allowing any unpublished author access to an editorial read.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p3
Presents a list of New York best seller scorecard of publishers for the year 2002. Titles of books published by publisher HarperCollins.
- NEW YORK TIMES BESTSELLER SCORECARD. // Book Publishing Report;5/20/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 20, p5
Presents a list of New York best seller publishers for the year 2002. Titles of books published by publisher HarperCollins.
- Mixed Year For HC, But 'Fourth Quarter Rocked' // Book Publishing Report;8/19/2002, Vol. 27 Issue 32, p3
Reports on the financial results of publisher HarperCollins for the final quarter of fiscal 2002, ended June 30. Operating profits; Total revenues; Reasons for the growth in sales.
- HC lets 20% of sales force go in final move to consolidate company. // Book Publishing Report;11/08/99, Vol. 24 Issue 44, p3
Reports on the restructuring of the sales force of HarperCollins Publishers Inc. Consolidation of the operations with Avon and William Morrow; Structure of the new sales department.
- Harper unveils literary imprint. Toller, Carol // Quill & Quire;Mar1998, Vol. 64 Issue 3, p11
Reports on HarperCollins Canada's formation of HarperFlamingo, an imprint for literary fiction that will be unveiled in the fall of 1998 with a roster of big-name authors. History of the imprint's name; Books included in the inaugural list; Features of the imprint.