What's Next For Houghton Mifflin?
- Houghton Mifflin Goes Up the River(deep) in A $5 Billion Venture. // Educational Marketer;12/4/2006, Vol. 37 Issue 34, p1
The article reports on the acquisition of Riverdeep Group PLC, a provider of software, by Houghton Mifflin Co., a publishing firm, in the U.S. The deal is worth $5 billion and its new name will be Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep Group. Houghton Mifflin will be given better status through the...
- Houghton Mifflin Bought Out; Trade Division Future Unknown. // Book Publishing Report;12/4/2006, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p1
The article reports plans of a buyout of Houghton Mifflin Co., an educational publishing based in Boston, Massachusetts, by Riverdeep Interactive Learning Ltd., based in Dublin, Ireland. The deal will combine Riverdeep Holdings Ltd. with Houghton Mifflin to create Houghton Mifflin Riverdeep...
- Market news. // Writer (Kalmbach Publishing Co.);Mar2004, Vol. 117 Issue 3, p47
Presents news briefs in the literary publishing industry as of March 2004. Launch of "Cin," a weekly magazine for Cincinnati by Gannett Co.; Release of the test issues of "Hallmark" magazine; Acquisition of supplemental tools provider Cognitive Concepts by Houghton Mifflin.
- HM Absorbs Kingfisher. // Publishers Weekly;12/10/2001, Vol. 248 Issue 50, p13
Provides information on the consolidation of the operations of the Larousse Kingfisher Chambers division of Vivendi and its acquired publishing company Houghton Mifflin. Number of employees affected by the move; Background on Kingfisher; Employees appointed to manage Kingfisher.
- ABC-CLIO "Buys" Greenwood Imprints. Albanese, Andrew // Library Journal;11/1/2008, Vol. 133 Issue 18, p16
This article reports that the publishing company ABC-CLIO has been granted a license to use products published by the publishing company Greenwood Imprints by Greenwood parent company Houghton Mifflin Harcourt. Companies publishing under the Greenwood Imprints label include Greenwood Press,...
- Houghton Mifflin's K-12 Q2 Sales up 14.3% As Overall Revenues Rise 13.5%. // Electronic Education Report;08/30/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 17, p7
Announces the increase in the sales of Boston, Massachusetts-based electronic publisher Houghton Mifflin for the second quarter of 2000.
- Introduction. // Publishing: A Leap From Mind To Mind;2003, pix
The article discusses various topics regarding Houghton Mifflin Co. tackled within the book, including a collection of interviews about book publishing, and a chapter on the efforts of the company to prevent a hostile takeover.
- Vivendi Woes Roil Foreign-Dominated Textbook Sphere. Walsh, Mark // Education Week;10/9/2002, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p8
Reports on the sale of a French media company, the educational publisher Houghton Mifflin Co. after its acquisition by Vivendi Universal SA. Reason for the sale of the company; Reason for lesser concern about the foreign ownership of textbook publishers in the United States; Uncertainty over...
- HM gains in '97, cautious about '98. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;2/2/1998, Vol. 245 Issue 5, p17
Reports on sales at Houghton Mifflin (HM) in 1997 and forecasts for sales in 1998. Increase in 1997 sales; Comments from chairman Nader Darehshori; Sales in 1998 only increasing modestly; Reduced adoption opportunities; Sales in its school division; HM's investment plans for the year.