CALIFORNIA: Port's on Top
- CALIFORNIA: Oakland Port Shedding Jobs. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;6/6/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32894, p9
The article reports that the Port of Oakland's commissioner voted to send layoff notices in California. According to a staff report, the notices, giving a 60-day notice of impending layoffs would go to between 60 and 70 people as part of an effort to trim $18.6 million in spending from the...
- Port of Oakland's 50-Year P3 Deal. Saskal, Rich // Investment Dealers' Digest;3/13/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p11
The article reports on the deal agreed by the Port of Oakland in California regarding a 50-year concession for five of its container ship berths. Officials of the part, together with contract winner Ports America Outer Harbor Terminal, agreed on the value of the transaction at $700 million over...
- Port of Oakland impacting Valley farmers. Wright, Don A. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;9/10/2001, Issue 322823, p1
Reports on the need to deepen the channels of the Port of Oakland in California. Amount of agricultural products passing through the port; Sources of funds needed for the improvement; Impact of the dredging project on the annual growth rate of the port.
- FAR WEST Bond-Watch. // Bond Buyer;8/24/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31210, p33
Presents news briefs related to public finance in the Far West, as of August 24, 2001. Port of Oakland, California, deputy executive director Tay Yoshitani's appointment to the post of executive director; Standard & Poor's rating of Queen's Health System's bonds in Hawaii; Construction of a...
- Study: States' Underlying Revenues Fell For Eighth Consecutive Quarter. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;9/26/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31728, p4
Reports on the decline of tax revenue in the second quarter of 2003 in New York City. Improvement of economic conditions; Calculation of real tax revenue by adjusting tax revenues; Decline of real adjusted tax revenue.
- Good News. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/11/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31759, p27
Reports on the growth projections of the Kansas Revenue Estimating Group in Kansas.
- Michigan Authorities Begin Tackling State Shortfall. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/24/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31250, p4
Focuses on the revised revenue forecast that predicts a decrease in general and school fund revenues for the fiscal year 2002. Efforts of the Michigan state authorities to cope with recession in state's revenue yields; Comparison in the predicted general fund collections for the year 2002...
- MAINE: Flash: Good News. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Focuses on the revenues collected by Maine in October 2001. Difference between the collected taxes and the estimated ones.
- NEW YORK: Taxman Short. McKaig, Ryan // Bond Buyer;11/19/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31268, p41
Focuses on the decline in the revenues of New York in the second quarter of fiscal 2001. Factors responsible for the decline.