Long-Term Care: Raters: Downgrade Parade to Continue in Senior Living Sector
- E-Score ratings put star shine online. Grego, Melissa // Daily Variety;1/15/2002, Vol. 274 Issue 32, p6
Reports on the rollout of a performer rating service called E-Score by research company E-Poll. Television networks signing up with the service; Competition with Marketing Evaluation's Q score products; Plans of seeking clients in film, publishing and advertising/endorsement sectors.
- Expert demands rates self-assessment. // Estates Gazette;9/7/2002, Issue 236, p43
Reports on the urge of Lambert Smith Hampton ratings chief Richard Wackett for the Great Britain government to replace the business rates system with self-certification in 2002. Details of the business rates system; Discussion of the system proposed by Wackett.
- Ratings Movers. // Bank Loan Report;1/31/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 4, p11
Presents a chart depicting changes in the credit ratings of companies by credit agencies in the U.S.
- Masco installs two subsidiaries in deals worth $719M. Green, Leslie // Crain's Detroit Business;12/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 49, p3
Reports the acquisition of installation companies by Masco Corp. in Taylor, Michigan. Projections on the pretax gain from the sale of MascoTech Corp.; Analysis of the acquisitions by rating agencies; Plans of the company to acquire locks and hardware installation firms.
- RATINGS WATCH. // Asset Securitization Report;1/14/2002, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p34
Presents a chart depicting the ratings of securities. Name of companies; Rating agencies; Types of securities.
- It's time to rate the researchers. Keavney, Robert // Money Management;3/3/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 7, p13
Examines the quality of research houses in the financial services industry in Australia. Accountability of researchers; Categories in rating research houses; Impact of rating on the business.
- Fitch Rates Urbana Foundation AA-Minus With Evolving Outlook. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;12/29/2008, Vol. 366 Issue 33030, p24
The article reports on the rating of Carle Foundation in Urbana, Illinois given by Fitch Ratings Inc. Report says, the foundation was given AA-minus on its plan to sell its $250 million revenue bond through the Illinois Finance Authority (IFA) in February 2008. Meanwhile, around $25 million is...
- Ratings agencies. // Finweek;5/11/2006, p60
The article talks about the accurate measurement of empowerment by empowerment rating agencies in South Africa. Different rating agencies weight different aspects of empowerment differently. The lack of an industry standard and accreditation causes confusion among rating agencies. Rating...
- Letters. Al-Khatib, Luay; Blank, Michael // Estates Gazette;9/19/2009, Issue 937, p60
This section presents letters to the editor in response to articles in previous issues such as "Rabbits Caught in the Headlights" published in the August 22, 2009 issue and another on the rating system for businesses.