Miami's Attorney Files Brief With SEC Arguing Judge's Ruling Was Baseless
- Effects of Litigation on Investment Returns. Chee Ng // Bank Accounting & Finance (08943958);Jun2006, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p35
The article focuses on the returns of international investment banks in conjunction with the litigation under the Martin Act, the antifraud law in New York. It details the case filed by the New York State's Attorney General against the brokerage houses. A settlement was reached by the state and...
- STONERIDGE INVESTMENT PARTNERS V. SCIENTIFIC-ATLANTA: RETHINKING THE FRAUD-ON-THE-MARKET PRESUMPTION AND THE POLICY CONSIDERATIONS PERMEATING THE COURT'S DECISION. Waneka, Nelson // Denver University Law Review;2008, Vol. 86 Issue 1, p303
In this article the author discusses the important case law, economic theory, and legislation on the Stoneridge Investment Partners LLC v. Scientific Atlanta Inc. case. The author criticizes the Court's action in deciding that petitioners could not use the fraud-on-the-market presumption of...
- PROCEDURAL AND MISCELLANEOUS DEVELOPMENTS. Werner, Ray O.; Axe, Franklin J. // Journal of Marketing;Apr91, Vol. 55 Issue 2, p60
The article presents information on legal developments in marketing relative to procedural and miscellaneous legal developments. In Gary E. Peel v. Attorney Registration and Discliplinary Commission of Illinois, the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a blanket ban on attorneys who advertise...
- Casebook. Ross, Mike // Chartered Accountants Journal;Aug98, Vol. 77 Issue 7, p78
Provides information on a number of court cases around New Zealand relating to several issues. Reference to the matrimonial property lawsuit of Wood versus Wood filed in the High Court, New Plymouth; Details on the lawsuit surrounding tax deductions; Information on a lawsuit regarding...
- Retaliatory Lawsuits and Texas's Judicial Proceedings Privilege. Mangrum, Boyd // Review of Litigation;Summer2003, Vol. 22 Issue 3, p541
Discusses retaliatory lawsuits and Texas' judicial proceedings privilege. Definition of the term 'retaliatory lawsuit'; Nature and extent of judicial proceedings privilege; Parties protected by the privilege.
- The duty to take care. Edwards, K. Buckley // Accountancy;Sep72, Vol. 83 Issue 949, p87
Presents information about various lawsuits in the year 1972 in Great Britain. Discussion on various lawsuits between the companies and its stock holders; Details of the case involving I.G. Arenson, a shareholder in a company; Information about the proceedings in the case.
- circuit briefs. // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p50
Reports on two cases in the 5th Circuit in the U.S. as of October 2003. Chancery charges against State Supreme Court Justice Oliver Diaz Jr.; Settlement of class action against Firestone.
- ADA Violation Suits Swamp California Court System. Jackson, Liane // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p56
Focuses on lawsuits filed for violations of the Americans With Disabilities Act in the U.S. Violation of stringent state law standards.
- CIRCUIT ROUNDUP. Mack, Debbi // Corporate Legal Times;Oct2003, Vol. 13 Issue 143, p58
Discusses several actions and defenses in the U.S. as of October 2003. Disability suit against J.C. Penney; Breach of contract against Maya Angelou; Lawsuit filed by Saad Noah against America Online.