Bad News for Bonds?
- Municipal Bond Elections. // Bond Buyer;12/12/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31283, p26
Presents information on bond elections to provide approval to states in the U.S. for issuing the bonds as of December 12, 2001. Dates scheduled for voters to cast their votes; Schedule for elections for approval of Union Public School District bonds in Oklahoma; Bond elections which are to be...
- Voters Nationwide Approve 90.5% of Bond Issues. McDonald, Michael // Bond Buyer;11/4/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32004, p1
Reports on the results of local and statewide bond elections in the U.S. in November 2004. Overall approval rate of bond elections; Number of bond questions on ballots across the country.
- FLORIDA: Marco Island's Septic Question. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;6/21/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32655, p9
The article reports that Marco Island voters in Florida are in the process of casting ballots through the mail to determine whether they want to subsidize the cost of a septic tank replacement program with the issuance of up to $88.6 million of general obligation (GO) bonds. If voters approve...
- Ohio School Needs, 'Third Frontier' Project Lead Ballot. Carvlin, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/29/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31750, p30
Reports on the bond issues that emerged on the ballot measures in Ohio. Authorization of a bonding program to boost technology jobs; Authorization of a bonding program to finance the expansion and renovation of school buildings; Range of school district initiatives on the ballot.
- Lowering Threshold for School Bonds Qualifies Again for California Ballot. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/29/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30923, p36
Reports on the inclusion in the California ballot in November 2000 of an initiative that would reduce the approval level required for passing bond referendums. Required approval of bond plans by school boards; Caps and citizen oversight requirements.
- Biggest bond battlegrounds: 1998. // Bond Buyer;11/03/98, Vol. 326 Issue 30513, p16
Presents a breakdown of bond issues included in state ballots around the United States in 1998. Includes school bonds in California; Water and wastewater projects financing in Arkansas; Environmental cleanup funding in Michigan.
- Mailing It In. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;12/18/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31784, p27
Focuses on the general obligation bond issued to voters in Marco Island for mailing ballots for the election in Florida. Purchase of last sizeable piece of underdeveloped property; Alternative of mailing ballots for unscheduled elections; Purpose of the bonds.
- CRISD calls bond election. // Malakoff News (TX);8/10/2012, Vol. 103 Issue 29, p1A
The article announces the elections of the Cross Roads Independent School District (ISD) in Cross Roads, Texas and highlights that the ballot will include a bond to fund infrastructure facilities including a gym, agricultural sciences facility and a multipurpose facility.
- Ask away. // Crain's Cleveland Business;02/19/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 8, p10
Presents a commentary on the bond issue and levy drive on the May ballot in Ohio. Comments on the impact of the approval of the tax measures; Remarks on the importance of the ballot issue campaign; Advise to the governor.