- America's Forgotten Ecosystem. Lipske, Michael // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov2000, Vol. 38 Issue 6, p18
Discusses the value of the sagebrush to wildlife. Provision of sustenance for the survival of animal species; Maintenance of the ecosystem; Availability of medicinal plants in the area.
- Minding Animals, Minding Earth: Science, Nature, Kinship, and Heart. Bekoff, Marc // Human Ecology Review;Summer2003, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p56
This paper emphasizes the importance of broadening behavioral, ecological, and conservation science into a more integrative, interdisciplinary, socially responsible, compassionate, spiritual, and holistic endeavor. I will stress the significance of studies of animal behavior, especially...
- up front. Saunders, Jennifer // Nature Australia;Summer2003/2004, Vol. 27 Issue 11, p1
Introduces a series of articles which deals with nature, wildlife, ecology and conservation efforts in Australia.
- In this issue. // Current Science (00113891);7/10/2008, Vol. 95 Issue 1, p4
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one about the contribution of pack animals to environmental conservation through sustainable services and livelihood and another one on successful dispermic induction of interspecific androgenesis in Hemigrammus...
- Audubon Wildlife Update Due Out. // National Parks;Jan/Feb86, Vol. 60 Issue 1/2, p39
Reports on the wildlife issues that will be covered by the 'Audubon Wildlife Report 1985.'
- LAND OF THE GIANTS. Milius, Susan // National Wildlife (World Edition);Jun/Jul90, Vol. 28 Issue 4, p44
Describes the big animals inhabiting the state of Alaska. Bull walruses; Grizzly cub; Polar bears; Sea lions; Humpback whale; Moose; Behavior; Feeding; Habitats; Efforts of the government to protect the wildlife population.
- ESTUDIO PRELIMINAR DE LA AVIFAUNA ASOCIADA A PARCHES DE Polylepis quadrijuga (Rosaceae) DEL PÃRAMO DE LA RUSIA, DUITAMA (BOYACÃ â€“ COLOMBIA). MENESES ORTEGÓN, LUZ ANDREA; HERRERA-MARTÍNEZ, YIMY // Revista Luna Azul;ene-jun2013, Issue 36, p40
During 2007 a preliminary characterization of bird life present in the patches of Polylepis quadrijuga at "La Rusia" moorland, Duitama (BoyacÃ¡ â€“ Colombia), was carried out comparing two climatic seasons and three patches The patches were chosen according to their vegetation...
- Conservation genetics and evolutionary history of Gleditsia caspica: Inferences from allozyme diversity in populations from Azerbaijan. Andrew Schnabel; Konstantin Krutovskii // Conservation Genetics;Mar2004, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p195
Gleditsia caspica is an endemic treespecies found in the endangered lowlandHyrcanian forests near the Caspian Sea insoutheastern Azerbaijan and northwestern Iran. Phylogenetic analyses show that G.caspica is a derivative of G. japonica,a widely distributed species of eastern Asia. Using allozyme...
- A gift for grasslands. Manzer, Jenny // British Columbia Magazine;Spring2013, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p12
The article reports that The Nature Trust of British Columbia and the Nature Conservancy of Canada have received a 50,000-dollar donation from University of British Columbia zoologist Sarah Otto which will be used to purchase habitats for endangered wildlife in the South Okanagan grasslands.