How to build a better bluebird house
- Calling All Bluebirds. Evans, Sarah H. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p26
Offers tips on making nest boxes for bluebirds. Proper location of bluebird houses; Distance of the nest box from the ground; Installation of nest boxes.
- A New Hope for Bluebirds. Castaldo, Nancy // Conservationist;Mar/Apr85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p8
Focuses on a campaign to reverse the decline of the bluebird population in New York. Establishment of nesting boxes in suitable habitats; Increase of public awareness of the bluebirds; Expansion of the New York Nest Box Network.
- Bluebird Boosters Flock To The Cause. // National Wildlife (World Edition);Oct/Nov84, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p30
Reports that the North American Bluebird Society has received responses from 'National Wildlife' readers moved by an April 1984 article about the plight of the bird.
- Bringing Back the Bluebirds. Mahoney, Brett // Highlights;May2006, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p38
This article presents a narrative of the author's contribution to protecting and promoting the eastern bluebird population on Long Island, New York. I never imagined that I would be involved with bluebirds, however, sometimes our own curiosity can take us in unexpected directions. I found out...
- Kabul Zoo Activity & New updates Report 2012-2013. Saqib, Aziz Gul // ZOOs' Print;Jul2013, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p6
The article presents updates on the Kabul Zoo in Afghanistan as of July 2013. The zoo has undergone another transformation that includes the completion of bird cages block with 16 rooms. The zoo was visited by roughly 30,000 in 2012. Visitors were informed of the importance of wildlife...
- BLUEBIRDS ARE AFLUTTER EN MASSE. Miller, Hannah // Sandlapper: The Magazine of South Carolina;Spring2004, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p44
Discusses the nestbox 'housing' project initiated by Bowater Inc. for the endangered species of bluebirds in Fairfield County, South Carolina, since 1974. Background information on Bowater's involvement in helping save the bluebirds; Other companies and individuals who followed Bowater's...
- NORTHWEST INDIANA. Starr, Jean // Chicagoland Gardening;Oct2009, Vol. 15 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses efforts to conserve and protect Eastern bluebirds in Valparaiso, Indiana. The conservation efforts are maintained by Jerry Newman who has two dozen bluebird nest boxes at the Taltree Arboretum & Gardens. The nest boxes protect the birds from wrens and snakes. Wrens will try...
- Has Big Game Hunting Gone to the Birds? McCandless, David W.; Mincher, Bruce J. // New York State Conservationist;Feb2002, Vol. 56 Issue 4, p24
Provides information on the bluebird conservation project initiated by the Safari Club International of western and central New York chapter. Ecological threats to blue birds; Places where bluebird houses are installed; Success of the bluebird project.
- Make room for bluebirds. Irwin, Victoria // Christian Science Monitor;3/4/97, Vol. 89 Issue 67, p16
Focuses on bluebirds, which can be found all over North America. Information on Eastern, Western, and Mountain bluebirds; Songs and poetry which have been inspired by bluebirds; Professor Harry Power's studies on bluebirds. INSET: Make a one-board bluebird nesting box..